Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competent ASP editor

Options
  • 25-05-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I hate Visual Studio and the 'free' nagware version of TextPad is starting to get me down. Can anyone recommend a good, competent (ie tag colouring, etc) editor (non WYSIWYG) for ASP development?

Apologies if this has been covered before, boardsie search doesn't let me search for 'ASP' :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

corblimey wrote:
    I hate Visual Studio and the 'free' nagware version of TextPad is starting to get me down. Can anyone recommend a good, competent (ie tag colouring, etc) editor (non WYSIWYG) for ASP development?

Apologies if this has been covered before, boardsie search doesn't let me search for 'ASP' :D

scintilla

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

HTML-Kit from Chami is really good, handles syntax colouring and the workspace is pretty good for keeping track of loads of files across different apps if need be. It's very customisable, plenty of options to get it editiing the exact way you want. There's probably a rake of downloadable plugins for asp too but I never bothered looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

<broken down record>
    Editplus 2 is a good programmers editor.
    </broken down record>
    Supports all kind of file types including asp and has syntax highlighting, auto-completion (which is not intellisense), macros and a load of other stuff. I've been using editplus for 4 years and am still finding really helpful stuff in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I highly recommend Crimson Editor (freeware) - text only editor, but automatic syntax colouring for a huge amount of languages. You can edit files directly over an FTP connection etc - excellent application.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks for the recommendations, folks. I'll be doing some downloading over the next few days. Hey, it's better than work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

corblimey wrote:
    Thanks for the recommendations, folks. I'll be doing some downloading over the next few days. Hey, it's better than work :D

and it actually looks like work as well - you're on to a winner. Here is the link for crimson editor

Advertisement