Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy tyres?

Options
  • 25-05-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Looking for tyres for my Laguna. 205/55/16. Local stealership is a ripoff. Other suggestions near Dundalk / Dublin / Newry ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

T.a.b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Prospect. Where / What is T.A.B ?

If I go the eiretyre route - where is a good place to get them fitted? Certainly the guys will be pissed you didnt buy the tyres from them? What rate do they charge for fitting and balancing?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Chaz wrote:
    Prospect. Where / What is T.A.B ?

If I got the eiretyre route - where is a good place to get them fitted? Certainly the guys will be pissed you didnt buy the tyres from them? What rate do they charge for fitting and balancing?

Thanks

Go to Sandyford tyres - they will match the price or beat eiretyres - they certain beat them by ¬20 for mine.

The will also fit eiretyres tyres for ¬10 and ¬5 disposal fee.

If you ring today they will have your tyres by lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

TAB = Tyres And Batteries
    They have a few places around, and a mobile service.
    Where in dublin are you based, nearest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Chaz wrote:
    Looking for tyres for my Laguna. 205/55/16. Local stealership is a ripoff. Other suggestions near Dundalk / Dublin / Newry ?

Thanks

what brand do u want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Boggle

I used eiretyres the last time and they were very good.
    If Sandyford will beat the price for the same tyre (fitted) then they would obviously be preferrable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Another vote for Eiretyres, great price and prompt delivery. Local garage had no probs whatsoever fitting them for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Im in Dundalk - so a spin down to Dublin is no biggie.

I would prefer to put something quality on. I dont risk my life or my family's on cheap tyres. Michelin or similar. Local stealership quoted €175 per tyre - a bit rough. Eiretyres and a few others can get them for around €100-120 depending on the model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

i got 4 goodyear nct5's of eiretyres & saved €50 per tyre of kwikfits price :eek: ,my friend worked there at the time & fitted them for free :D
    would highly recommend eiretyres.com ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have Vredestein Sportrac 2 tyres and have found them to be very good. They are a popular Dutch tyre. The grip is very impressive especially in the wet so they suit Irish conditions. Find the mpg better with them too than the Bridgestones I had before and they are around the same price. Don't know if eiretyres sell them though.

Other than that I would stick with Goodyear.

mondeoman wrote:
    i got 4 goodyear nct5's of eiretyres & saved €50 per tyre of kwikfits price :eek: ,my friend worked there at the time & fitted them for free :D
    would highly recommend eiretyres.com ;)

Got the same tyres for a fiver cheaper than eiretyres in Sandyford Tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

Downtime wrote:
    Got the same tyres for a fiver cheaper than eiretyres in Sandyford Tyres.

Nice one Downtime.i'll keep them in mind next time. :) .i got 'V' rated tyres which are more expensive that 'H' rated ones.which ones did you get?.
    there a great tyre by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I also got some good Tyres in Advance Pitstop GT Champiro Radials 205/55 R16 for €80 each including fitting and balancing in December I'v now put 6000 miles on them and they are wearing well and are very grippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

bazz26 wrote:
    I have Vredestein Sportrac 2
    These tyres won best tyre in this years AutoExpress Product Honours WARNING 70MB

mondeoman wrote:
    Nice one Downtime.i'll keep them in mind next time. :) .i got 'V' rated tyres which are more expensive that 'H' rated ones.which ones did you get?.
    there a great tyre by the way :)

I got the H rating as they are harder wearing. I had the V but found them too soft and wore more easily.
    Excellent tyre all right - I noticed the difference immediately.

Advertisement