Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAXIM LCD TV Problem - Need Help!!

• 25-05-2005 2:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok first off I know I shouldnt have bought a maxim tv in first place but I did.

Problem is that one night i fell asleep with the tv power still on and when I woke up the next day the screen had gone blank and wouldnt come back on. Now the sound was still perfect there just was no picture. I thought it was just a shoddy tv so I brought it back and replaced it for a new one.

Now I didnt now why the tv had failed the last time so stupidly i left the tv on again one night and the same thing happened again to tv. This time i figured out that it happened when you left it on. this time I decided to exchange it for a totally new brand. Problem is I lost the receipt. Im a total disaster I know.

I was thinking that maybe this is a built in function of the tv that if you leave it on for too long the screen does that only I cant find any information about how to get the screen back on again.Its not in the manual and cant find it anything about maxim tvs online. Maybe its just a rubbish tv.

My questions are these. Has anybody else bought a maxim tv and is it working ok? Has this happened to you, did you fix it and if so how? And finally does anybody have any idea what the problem could be and how I would go about fixing it?
    If nobody can think of what could be wrong I might have to drop it into a tv repair man but cant really afford this but since it cost me €450 I need to fix it.

Thanks for your help
    (if this would be better in a different forum could someone tell me which)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Where did u buy it?

Did u use credit card?

The shop take details for warranty? ie Name, Address etc.

If so they'd pull up your receipt without much hassle..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jammer wrote:
    Where did u buy it?

Did u use credit card?

The shop take details for warranty? ie Name, Address etc.

If so they'd pull up your receipt without much hassle..

I bought it in Dixons. I didnt buy it with a credit card but they did take my details for the warranty. Do I not still need my receipt even if they can pull my details from the computer? if I brought in ID do you think that would work?

Advertisement