Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying DreamWeaver Problem

Options
  • 25-05-2005 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I left my job for a couple of months to return and find out that someone has been messing with my DreamWeaver settings :p. The problem is that every time I create a table it add's <th> tags to the first row. I have looked around but I can't seem to find the setting or template anywhere. Here's an example:
    <table width="100%"  border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
        <th scope="col">&nbsp;</th>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td>&nbsp;</td>
      </tr>
    </table>

At the moment I can just edit the first line, but I would prefer it if the program would not add the <th> tags at all. Anyone know where in DreamWeaver I can change this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Check accessibility boxes in your Dreamweaver preferences - I think there is some checkboxes you have to tick

this is why I dont use Dreamweaver.....go Homesite+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Check accessibility boxes in your Dreamweaver preferences - I think there is some checkboxes you have to tick

this is why I dont use Dreamweaver.....go Homesite+

Just tried that now and there's only 4 tick boxes in the Accessibility options tab :( . Can't seem to find where I can change the damn table template.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭chabsey

Serbian wrote:
    Just tried that now and there's only 4 tick boxes in the Accessibility options tab :( . Can't seem to find where I can change the damn table template.

Assuming you're using MX 2004, how do you create your tables? If you use the little table icon up the top of the screen then surely it gives you a popup through which you decide what the specifics of your table are. In that popup you can choose not to use table headers.

I haven't got that version of DW in front of me, but that's my recollection of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

chabsey wrote:
    Assuming you're using MX 2004, how do you create your tables? If you use the little table icon up the top of the screen then surely it gives you a popup through which you decide what the specifics of your table are.

Thats right, there are 4 options -> "None", "Left", "Top", & "Both". Once one is selected, it remains default for tables thereafter. Simply click "None", and click ok, problem (should be) solved.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Seanie M wrote:
    Thats right, there are 4 options -> "None", "Left", "Top", & "Both". Once one is selected, it remains default for tables thereafter. Simply click "None", and click ok, problem (should be) solved.

Seanie.

Thanks guys, that sorted it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement