Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on Voice aspects of Smart Telecom Offering

• 25-05-2005 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Some posts on boards have implied that the "Smart2Smart calls for free" offer applies to broadband, so I am hoping that some concrete information exists about the voice aspects of their offering.
    I am having difficulty finding any information on the Smart website about the Voice aspect of their Unbundled offering (not CPS or Smart2Smart which are there).
    The Broadband FAQ refers to the service being incompatible with Vartec, but provides very little other information that I can see.
    I am looking for detailed tariffs for calls and supplementary services like Voicemail, SMS, call forwarding etc. along with information on any applicable restrictions like "no 13xxx codes", "no 1891xxxxxx" etc.

Can anyone provide a link to the information on their website?

Thanks for your help,
    Ian.
    P.S. A 1550 number for support is very cheeky. If UTV had one of these, each support call would cost as much as a months rental!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I asked months ago and was promised details months ago.

By PM I was told that Voicemail is free on a Smart Number and that you will be able to forward voicemails to your email address but all the features really should be on their website by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I asked months ago and was promised details months ago.
    That might have been acceptable before the service launched but now that they are actively connecting Customers surely the lack of information is a real problem.

The "Terms and Conditions" that you have to agree to in the sign-up pages seem to be cobbled together from a couple of other products. They contain errors "7.4. The Customer shall pay all Tariffs by monthly in arrears by Direct Debit" (presumably intended to be "bi-monthly") and the voice references are to "CPS Residential Calling Service ", not the direct service over the unbundled line.

This is something entirely within the responsibility of Smart Telecom and cannot be explained as deliberate obstruction of our Customers by Eircom or similar expression which the Smart representative repeated about 6 times in 3 minutes when she called to advise of a further installation delay.

Do ComReg not have a Code of Practice that requires Service Providers to make their tariffs accurate, comprehensive and accessible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

iano wrote:
    Do ComReg not have a Code of Practice that requires Service Providers to make their tariffs accurate, comprehensive and accessible?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Yes.

Ohhhhhh.....Worm...can....can opener...worms coming out!!! :(

Advertisement