Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(inexpensive) Sub Woofer recommendations

Options
  • 25-05-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Howdy, I've recently replaced my old Piooneer Pro Logic amp with a Sony Dolby Digital receiver. However the Sony lacks a Tape2/Monitor loop through which I'd been using an old (but good) Marantz equaliser to give me nice low Hz base.

I'm no expert in separates, but I do like good clean bass sounds.. so was wondering if anyone can recommend a powered sub woofer (amp has a SW preout) that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I'm in terraced housing so it doesn't have to blow the walls apart, but it should be able to give nice low bass at low volumes. Room is quite big, 3xHollow, 1xSolid walls and carpeted throughout.

The rest of my speakers are a bit basic.. Celestion centre, Jamo rears and YoKo fronts. Am only looking to spend 150-200 euro. RicherSounds.ie do have some in that price range, but I'm wondering should I spend an extra 50 quid and get a whole lot more (and if so what/where?!). Or are there any reviews you can recommend?

Cheers.

.cg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

www.avforums.com is a good place to look for reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ferny

Hey there,

I had an Accoustic Surround system until the fuse blew in the Sub woofer, replaced it but it blew again, would it be better to just replace the subwoofer? Can you use any type of sub-woofer or does it have to be the same model as your system??

Advertisement