Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanzibar-whats it like?

• 25-05-2005 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place but
    Whats this place like?
    Coz i'm goin tonight and i've never been there before
    What are the bouncers like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

bouncers are like bouncers, if you are polite and look ok, you will be grand.

The place is fine, depends what age you are and what you are looking for thou..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i got gassed there one night back in 1999...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

RuggieBear wrote:
    i got gassed there one night back in 1999...

Gassed?

zefer wrote:
    bouncers are like bouncers, if you are polite and look ok, you will be grand.

The place is fine, depends what age you are and what you are looking for thou..

It's a long time since I was there, so maybe it's changed, but when I went the bouncers were ****. Refusing people for no reason whatsoever... like, 1 in every 6 people.

The place itself is alright, nice enough layout.. all those superpubs are the same. Sosume used to **** on Zanzibar - but now the gays have it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Kernel wrote:
    Gassed?

yeah....the official story was some girl's mace spray punctued in her bag and the pub had to be evacuated....tbh i reckon it was something to do with not paying protection money to some gang...there was more pepper gas in the air than from a pepper spray

The entire pub had to be evacuated and about 20 people including myself were puking a guts up and couldn't breathe properly and my eyes/nose/throat were killing me

Very unpleasant

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    yeah....the official story was some girl's mace spray punctued in her bag and the pub had to be evacuated....tbh i reckon it was something to do with not paying protection money to some gang...there was more pepper gas in the air than from a pepper spray

The entire pub had to be evacuated and about 20 people including myself were puking a guts up and couldn't breathe properly and my eyes/nose/throat were killing me

Very unpleasant

Oh yeah I remember hearing about that. Jaysus, that's some night out! Hope you put a claim in for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

was there a couple of months ago and think the place is nice, put i dont understand the whole old film playing thing on the plasmas. And you have to tip the black man in the loo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

This is entirely off topic, but every time I see this topic, this line just runs through my head...

I'm not gonna cook it,
    But I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!

Advertisement