Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you walk....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Feownah

Okily dokily thats fair game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

da dum dum tss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

it's the closet city to Dublin,

Yes, there is a lot Liverpool won't admit to :p.

To be honest I'm glad the entire thing is over for a few months at least. To everthing a season but soccer has become nauseating in it's ubiquity.

legspin wrote:
    To everthing a season but soccer has become nauseating in it's ubiquity.
    Would you rather we all quote mediocre poetry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

This thread is the funniest thing on here in ages :D

Just one thing

IT'S NOT ****ING CALLED SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

ThatBloke wrote:
    IT'S NOT ****ING CALLED SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Give that man a can of Coke! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

IT'S NOT ****ING CALLED SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but association football is a bit of a mouthful :D

Then just say Football.
    I thought a good mouthful would be just what you wanted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

"Soccer" is the football equivalent of "rugger"

and we all know how annoying the people who repeatedly call it "rugger" are!

Don't get me started on that stupid game. To anyone out there who thinks 'rugger' is a superior game all I'm gonna say is you can use your hands you bunch of queers!
    Is it a coincedence that rugger rhymes with bugger?

• Advertisement

I've been looking at some uk soccer forums...and there are discussions about irish soccer fans supporting english teams...the english soccer fans think its HILARIOUS, they sneer the fact that an irish league exists, here's one savoury quote...

"It does when there is no Premiership on renners. For 98% of Irish soccer fans football is Man U and liverpool. Last night was CL final. the barstools of Dublin were full of red shirted Irish supporting a club founded by an Orangeman and who never played irish catholics until the '70s against a club from catholic Italy. try to work it out yourself renners but I think its called glory hunting. I've lived in Ireland for the past 18 months and I'd say Man u alone have 20 times as many supporters as the Irish clubs put together"

Heres another...

"Gaelic Football is massively popular in Ireland. Thats how its managed to build the only modern stadium in Ireland.

But who gives a toss about Gaelic football outside Ireland? Who had actually heard of Croake park before the disastrous Irish involvement in the attempted Euro 2004 bid?

When France or Germany play in Ireland do you think their media will say 'well this stadiums a dump, but at least Gaelic footballs done OK for itself'.
    Im just having a laugh at their expense."

Go have a look at some english soccer forums...you'll find plenty of bigoted , prejudice comments toward irish soccer fans, gaelic football, the irish league etc etc... at the end of the day to be a PROPER supporter you should support the team that is closest to your home...it's all about grassroots! Sorry couldnt let it rest. Wind it up, stir the pot, Im just waiting for it... LOL. :rolleyes:

Where do I start?
    You support the team thats closet to your heart fionna, it has nothing to do with locality. I live round the corner from Richmond Pk. but I ain't wasting my time going to see them.
    Did you see Shelbourne vs Cork the other night? It was quite possibly the worst match i've ever seen, and those two are top of the league? They cant even play football, not even string a decent move together so what does that say about The eircom league?
    Maybe if the government actually pumped some money into the FAI instead of GAA we could advance as a domestic league. Football is the most popular sport in Ireland but Gaelic should be given precedence as its part of our beautiful culture and history.
    Who cares what they say about us as Irish fans, the only thing that matters is that the republic would beat their international team in a match and they know this.
    People want quality Fionna, quality football to watch and imitate.
    Your right that it is a sorry state of affairs that noone supports league of Ireland but you cant blame them. 3rd division football in the english league is superior to irish 'premier' league.
    Let the English fans say what they want. at the end of the they(cliche) we kicked them out of our country and they've been pissed every since!!!!!

I know this argument has no coherence whatsoever but its cause ive been studying all day and im tired so my apologises for the proletarian respone. I'm beginning to sound like I support Rovers.....

Good Luck in the exams dont stress too much over them ,me done with mine until next year, im so sick of studying , let my college days be over soon although i will miss the fun times! Au revoir- thats french for goodbye (i think)- just in case you needed some help with your french study. ok good luck ;) and goodbye, this arguement i think has run its course. Signing off, Feownah.

Yeah your right it has ma amie, I never thought I'd see the day I would have good debate with a woman about football but fair play to ya, you certaintly know your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

"all you ever talk about is football football football....."
    "shutup"

ok play us a tune then.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

can't believe i only got round to reading this now but anywho... steve gerarrd gerard he's big and he's f***ing hard, he's better than frank lampard steve gerarrd gerard... i could go on for days :D

On that note: [to the tune of La Bamba]
    Ra Ra Ra Rafa Benitez, Ra Ra Ra Rafa Benitez
    Xabi Alonso, Garcia and Nunez
    Rafa Benitez, Rafa Benitez!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

ahem.. low lie the fields of anfield road.......

Advertisement