Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN installation delay

Options
  • 25-05-2005 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

About a month ago I called Eircom to have them install an ISDN line in my house from scratch. About a week later, I had an engineer call over to have a look around, but he said that there was a lack of copper in the area and so it was likely that he'd have to get a new pair into the area.

Knowing eircom, there's no way I could see them running another cable from the exchange into the area for one customer. I waited another two weeks but heard nothing, so I called them last week. My line had a provisional install date of the 25th (today), so I decided to hold out until today to call them today, as I knew I'd probably have to.

I called them today and was informed that my order was effectively in limbo, as a new port was needed at the nearest exchange (Passage East in Waterford) for me, but that none were available. I was told that I'd be waiting until such a port became available before I'd get any word on an installation.

I was just wondering if any of you guys had encountered the same situation. There was a post about a month back by Tzetze (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252915) which recites much the same problem, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do aside from waiting.

The new Cisco 770 series router I bought is gathering dust :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Have they given you any sort of phone service? If not I would threaten them with legal action. I had to do this where they just sat on my order for 6 weeks and did nothing. As soon as I released the hounds the line was in the next day.

I refer you to my post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2706676&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I think I'll send that Mason guy a letter. How long after getting the PSTN line installed did it take for an ISDN port to become available?

same day! The port was available the same day.

Awesome. Do you by any chance have his address handy? Would emailing him be better, or by letter? If you had the letter you sent to him, a transcript would be great :)

PM sent

• Advertisement

Today was the deadline I gave them to resolve the matter, but I haven't heard a word from them. Great :(

what did you say in the letter?

PM sent detailing it.

An engineer called over to my house yesterday and said he'd be installing ISDN on Monday. Looks like the letter worked, but it probably took some time in getting to the right person after being handed from biddy to biddy. Thanks for all your help, Bond-007, I'll let you know Monday how it turns out.

Advertisement