Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 to sell for less than €479?

Options
  • 25-05-2005 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

In an interview with Peter Moore on C&VG he stated that

"Will you be able to buy the console on the same day around the world? Probably not. Will it be a week or ten days later? Probably. But it definitely won't be the six months and 479 Euros it was last time."

Now when he says that it won't be €479 I presume that he means less :rolleyes: Good to know though, I was expecting it to be more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

i though i read on some web site that it was going to cost around $300 dollars --> €250 euro. I dont think many people can afford a console costing over 400 quid --> then 60 pop a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

AdrianII wrote:
    i though i read on some web site that it was going to cost around $300 dollars --> €250 euro. I dont think many people can afford a console costing over 400 quid --> then 60 pop a game.

I read that on quite alot of reputable sites including IGN etc... It would not make sense to alienate most of the gaming public by launching the machine at a price that is out of reach of the average gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,950 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jez - if its over 300 i may skip it - ain't forking out a fortune on the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9204

Allard says it wil be circa $300USD, so about €240. Buts let not forget the €200 "Irish Tax" they'll tack on for no reason other than that people will pay it, and we'll be looking at getting it on import.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

some mags said a ball mark price of £200 will be the launch price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

here is is guys - found this quotation on the play website.
    Prices are in sterling

XBox 360 Console
    Due for release on 29/11/2005
    our price: £399.99 Delivered

and £39.99 for a game

We are talking roughly 500 euro for a console - are they for real

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

AdrianII wrote:
    here is is guys - found this quotation on the play website.
    Prices are in sterling

XBox 360 Console
    Due for release on 29/11/2005
    our price: £399.99 Delivered

and £39.99 for a game

We are talking roughly 500 euro for a console - are they for real
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260963

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

The Play price is pure speculation. no pricing has been announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ive enquired in 2 Game Stores aswell as a Gamestop store and both have said although no price has been finalised it shouldn't be more than £300 but again this is speculation. I really don't care though cause it looks and sounds so good and anything that will have halo 3 released on it i'll be buying.

Anyone else heard rumors about halo 3's release going to co-incide with PS3 release? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

R0ot wrote:
    Anyone else heard rumors about halo 3's release going to co-incide with PS3 release? :confused:

Well only if you can believe Bill Gates - he was the one who said it!

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't pay more than €300 for any console without a game. There's a big enough backlog of quality games on the market to keep me going for years, much less for the inevitable price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Hyzepher wrote:
    Well only if you can believe Bill Gates - he was the one who said it!

Well, it looks like even Bill gets it wrong sometimes. :)

Ciarán.

Advertisement