Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The futile search for an affordable road bike!

Options
  • 25-05-2005 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hey all...
    You might remember my thread below from a few months back, about starting off as a cycling newbie. Well.. Ive pretty much found it impossible to get an affordable bike! The cheapest bikes around my city, Waterford, are €480 and thats about €100 more than I can spend.

Ive sent mails to a few Dublin based cycle shops looking for a more affordable option so Im waiting for the replies there.

Has anyone seen any roadbikes on sale in shops around the country that fit into my budget? The second hand market hasnt thrown up any options either!

Talk about frustrating! I think I might have to drag my old mountain bike out of the shed.. even if the handle bars are rusted and falling off!!

Trotter wrote:
    Im going to take up cycling for the summer. I plan on getting a whole lot of fresh air and getting fit so I figure its the best idea.

SO.. Can you all give me tips on how to start doing it properly and safely?
    Im on a majorly tight budget which makes things interesting. Im hoping to get me hands on a very low spec racing bike for around the €250 mark. Ridiculous or possible??

A pair of cycling shorts and a decent top, and I should be on the road! I need all the advice you all can give me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Trotter wrote:
    Hey all...
    Has anyone seen any roadbikes on sale in shops around the country that fit into my budget? The second hand market hasnt thrown up any options either!

Talk about serendipitous synchronicity!

The bike he is talking about is here - sounds like it might be a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

cerebus wrote:
    Talk about serendipitous synchronicity!

The bike he is talking about is here - sounds like it might be a good deal.

Thanks for the tip off cerebus.. lets see what its like, the frame might be a bit big though.

Advertisement