Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Free Installation?

• 25-05-2005 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Did anyone else avail of the free installation provided to certain third level students by IBB? I first heard about this on Boards.ie, that they were installing it free if you were for example a student of DIT.

Did anyone else avail of this offer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

First I've heard about that Free Install for students. That would go down well for Galway Students as IBB are in Galway now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If it were free installation & 1st year free I still wouldn,t go near them...Ihave heard no good & lots of bad about them...Had a dreadful experience with them when they first launched..
    Without ranting too much ,this is what I have found with IBB
    They LIE about coverage
    They LIE about service
    They LIE about test results (Which thier engineers carry out with thier eyes only)
    They NEVER return calls
    They NEVER even apologise when ALL the above happens...

Thats not just me I personally know at least half a dozen people who have had similar probs with them!!!!
    (end of rant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

beller b did you feed this back to their support Team.
    I have been with them for the last 2 mouths and had no problems, All companies starting up have theading problems that are not that bad, Better then allot of other ISP's and the Installers actually do a complete setup when they do a LOS,

They may had a bad experience with the old Wireless gear but the technology their using is newer and future proof.

You will always here more bad comments about companies then good ones, as bad news spreads faster then good.

So far I have found them easier to deal with then a lot of other ISP companies and that mean’s a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

It's free install/connection fee for their Breeze product til May 31st.

It's free install/connection fee for ther Ripwave product til June 30th.

I just checked the pricing on their site and Ripwave is €24.99 a month and no minimum contract. For something as cheap as that and without having to pay line rental I'd try it. If the service turns out to be crap then just hand it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If your happy fair enough. They would not be in business now if everyone had the same experience as me..
    I did contact thier support team I ended up dealing with Kevin Kennedy (A manager of some sort) He was the one who LIED about LOS being passed
    Thier engineers called to do a LOS, they looked out the window of thier van & said "no hope" (I thought they would use a meter for that sort of thing???) Told them Kevin said LOS was Passed they laughed & said he doesn't know what he is talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

beller b wrote:
    If it were free installation & 1st year free I still wouldn,t go near them...Ihave heard no good & lots of bad about them...Had a dreadful experience with them when they first launched..
    Without ranting too much ,this is what I have found with IBB
    They LIE about coverage
    They LIE about service
    They LIE about test results (Which thier engineers carry out with thier eyes only)
    They NEVER return calls
    They NEVER even apologise when ALL the above happens...

Thats not just me I personally know at least half a dozen people who have had similar probs with them!!!!
    (end of rant)

To be fair they did returm my call. But they havent fixed my problem. Some of their tech support not all mind are dodgy. Tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with my speeds.
    Over all for the last 6 months with them im not happy. Ive had almose 3 months of bad connection to them.

Advertisement