Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latency

Options
  • 25-05-2005 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what sort of values people get when they hover their cursor over the latency bar in the interface.
    Mine seems to be around 180 most of the time which seems extraordinarily high when you compare it to other online games. Im on the standard esat 1mb broadband.
    So are the servers miles away and everyone gets these values or is my connection weird?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭MoeHawk

Seifer wrote:
    Just wondering what sort of values people get when they hover their cursor over the latency bar in the interface.
    Mine seems to be around 180 most of the time which seems extraordinarily high when you compare it to other online games. Im on the standard esat 1mb broadband.
    So are the servers miles away and everyone gets these values or is my connection weird?

120/148

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

EU servers are in Paris afaik..
    I usually get around 70 ping, 1meg ntl cable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

80-120
    2mb Netsource.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

45-160 varies geatly in around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

you gotta remmeber these servers are under a much greather load than normal fps servers (much more connections and bandwidth needed).

That said ive seen mine as low as 35 and as high ad 340. Usually abut 150ish tho.
    When i played in the US it was about 280.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

After you break 512 I don't think connection speed makes a difference to your ping, its more to do with your distance from the server.

Advertisement