Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another oldie - Duck Job

• 25-05-2005 8:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A duck goes into a pub, walks up to the bar and asks the barman for a pint and a ham sandwich.
    "You're a duck!", exclaims the barmen.
    "I see you have very good eyesight", replies the duck.
    "And you can talk . . .", said the barman
    "Your hearing seems to be in fine fettle. Now can I have my pint and a sandwich.
    "Err, certainly", says the barman.
    The duck eats his sandwich, drinks his pint and waddles out of the pub.

Well, this goes on for a couple of weeks during which time the barman finds out that the duck is working on a local building site. The following week the circus arrives in town and the pub is frequented by the staff and ,in particular, the Ringmaster. The barmen tells him about the duck that can
    talk, drink and eat sandwiches and suggest he would be a good addition to the circus. The ring Ringmaster agrees and tells the barmen to send the duck across to see him next time he comes in the pub.
    The following day the duck comes into the pub as usual, orders his food and drink and sits down. The barmen goes across to him and tells him about his conversion with the Ringmaster and that he should go and see him for a well-paid job.
    The duck asks "Is the circus over in park?"
    "Yes", replies the barmen
    "Where all the caravans are?", he asks again
    "Yes"
    "Where you can hear all them animals?"
    "Yes".
    "With the big tent that has the pointed roof?"
    "Yes"

"So what do they want with a bleedin plasterer, ??"

Comments

Advertisement