Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RARE/must have games list.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retro get wow, trust me its worth it..real life isnt all its cracked up to be anyway lol.
    A really cool game that got sod all press on the ps2 was Ring of red. Excellet real time strategy/shoot em up with giant robots kicking the crap out of each other.
    Im glad ive still got my original copies Vagrant story, FFVII/VIII, MGS1, special missions, etc, tbh i dont think id sell em..only recently started replaying FFVII using epsxe on my PC, its nice to see it all spruced up with none of the psx jaggies. Might have a game of vagrant story or mgs next :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Creature wrote:
    I used to have Vagrant Story. I was happy. But then I sold it. Now I'm sad :(.
    i have vagrant story but never got into it....

want to get ico but can't afford the cash for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

a)Pokemon Snap N64
    Ha ha, bought an N64 off a friend for 20 euro and got that with it... never thought it'd ever be worth anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Tauren wrote:
    i have vagrant story but never got into it....

want to get ico but can't afford the cash for it

Yeah I have Vagrant Story in the cupboard too. Got into into for a bit but once you leave it a while its very hard to get into. Really must try and play it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mate of mine just gave me a copy of Vagrant Story for nothing, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

was looking up ebay and saw this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4313&item=5202757445&rd=1

looks class

i never new half life came out on the dreamcast

i wonder how much is it going to make probley 100 pounds [dam you euro]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there are a few beta versions around. It got canned when it was basically complete. I think it was even playable on-line. It was a big blow to the DC community when it was canned. The second hand book and game store on talbot street had the official guide for the DC version of Half Life a few months ago. Should have picked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the dreamcast controller must have been fair hard to get use to looks very big

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its a lovely controller...one of my all time favs and the vmu was such a great idea (usefull but didnt make it such a big thing that every game required a whole new concept (like the DS)

hey Retro I just spotted Treasure's Alien Soldier for the MEga Drive going for 60 odd quid over here? Thats a rare one too isnt it? Also can a mega cd 2 work with a mega drive 1? I know there is no difference in hardware more curious about the shapes connecting (original mega cd looked like a cd deck) cause thats for sale as well with original sonic cd (drool)

and someone remind me, the saturn version of resident evil unlocks death tank when its on the memory with a game from lobotamy (like Quake or duke nukem) right (or is it just duke nukem? i cant remember which one)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alien soldier is quite rare. Bloody excellent game. 60 euros is what it should sell for tops but you should be able to get it a bit cheaper if you get lucky on ebay. I'm almost sure the MCD 2 will work with the mega drive 1. you might want to check that up.

The lobotamy games unlock the death tank and death tank zwei games (so exhumed/powerslave, Quake and duke nukem 3D).

On a side note, weren't lobotamy brilliant. they were one of the few developers that could utilise the Saturn properly and the pors of Duke 3D and Quake were amazing.

• Advertisement

http://www.whipassgaming.com/powerslave/deathtank.html

Info on death tank and death tank zwei

you know retro...i really like you...your damn usefull

and yes lobotmay were brilliant...man there conversion of quake was top notch...cant remember how i got death tank working on my saturn...cause i had quake but not duke nukem and a freidn came over with res evil (he might have had duke as well cant remember) and we played neither game just death tank all weekend and well into next week...man it ruled

Why thank ypu :D

Duke Nukem and Quake were playable on-line which was a first for console fps games at the time. If your friend had duke nukem then that was probably how you got it. all you needed was a duke and quake save on your system to unlock it. Check out the death tank theme pn the site, it's hilarious.

hey dont diss that theme...we had some great headbanging moments with that theme...I didnt know duke nukem and quake for the saturn were playable online!?!?! thats amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was just a system link up, same as Doom and Ridge Racer on the PS1 at the same time. Pretty cool nonetheless. The way to unlock DeathTanks was to have a save game from another Lobotomy game on the Saturns memory. Then when you stuck in quake or Duke it was a playable option. Lobotomy also did a egyptian based shooter, awful stuff but I think it did allow the unlocking of DeathTanks, a console version of a great PC game called Scorched Earth, eventually to evolve further into Worms.

exhumed was the egyptian one...and it was a good game...

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    It was just a system link up, same as Doom and Ridge Racer on the PS1 at the same time. Pretty cool nonetheless. The way to unlock DeathTanks was to have a save game from another Lobotomy game on the Saturns memory. Then when you stuck in quake or Duke it was a playable option. Lobotomy also did a egyptian based shooter, awful stuff but I think it did allow the unlocking of DeathTanks, a console version of a great PC game called Scorched Earth, eventually to evolve further into Worms.

Exhumed was good on the saturn (not PC). Did some absolutely amazing things with the hardware that the saturn really shold not have been able to do.

Duke and Quake were playable over Sega's netlink on-line service to my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Redneck Rampage... I want to play it again

Advertisement