Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB down yet again?

• 25-05-2005 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

The IBB Guinness node, or the part of it I'm on, went down yet again today at around four, and when I phoned at five or so they said it should be back within half an hour. Still no sign - does anyone know if it's still down?

Because Irish Broadband doesn't have weekend or night service, if it goes down close to the weekend, that's usually it for the weekend, so subscribers are paying dialup fees to Eircom when it happens.

Anyone know what the story is currently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 signs

Im in D12, and still flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

Hi,

I'm on the Guinnesses node also and it was down at the time you mentioned. I also rang at around 5 and they said half an hour it'll be back up. The differance in my case is that it came back with great performance at about 7:30 and has been working very well since then. Good luck.

I'm still getting speeds in the 900's, but uploads are still crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Hmm. Maybe it's my own AirPort network, then. The guy I was talking to in IBB tried to help me reset it, and now I can't get the internet *or* print.

God curse these stupid bloody computers. I hate the things. Why can't they just *work*?

Sorry for the stupid question, but have you tried to connect straight to the pc. In the possibility that its a router problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

luckat wrote:
    The IBB Guinness node, or the part of it I'm on, went down yet again today at around four, and when I phoned at five or so they said it should be back within half an hour. Still no sign - does anyone know if it's still down?

Because Irish Broadband doesn't have weekend or night service, if it goes down close to the weekend, that's usually it for the weekend, so subscribers are paying dialup fees to Eircom when it happens.

Anyone know what the story is currently?

So that explains it, my god all the trouble i had to go to, just to update a driver for a DVD decoder.
    I had a orange light but the thing couldnt assign an address, i was thinkin it was the computer.

Advertisement