Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount

• 26-05-2005 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

My broadband provider is still giving me a discount I used to be entitled to but not anymore. What happens if they notice 6 months or a year down the line, will I have to pay it all back? Am I better off telling them now to save a large expense further down the line?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

No because once they bill you its final if you have paid, or so thats what the law says. so they can only ammend a bill if its not paid! and even then its sticky ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

astec123 wrote:
    No because once they bill you its final if you have paid, or so thats what the law says. so they can only ammend a bill if its not paid! and even then its sticky ground.

Excellent. Now what do I do about my guilty conscience?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

astec123 wrote:
    Eh..... not exactly... the bill will most likely have "E&OE" (Errors and Omissions Excepted) on it, or the contract will include something similar. That means they can (quite reasonably) bill you for the correct amount when they discover the error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What steve-o said, you'll be liable for the underbilled amount. It would be ignorant of the bb supplier not to settle or even waive the underbilling when it comes to their attention, but this is bb suppliers we're talking about here. Save yourself the hassle, report the error to them. If they don't offer to waive some of the money or write it off, tell them you feel you've been a standup guy reporting the issue with their billing system and would appreciate a little loving in return. If they refuse, call them a bunch of ignorant greedy **** and find another supplier. You can't be bitter enough in this business. :)

adam

Advertisement