Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding against myself???

Options
  • 26-05-2005 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I recently put a bid on a house after a second viewing, I was unaware of any other bids until I actually went and viewed the property for the second time, since then a couple of offers have come in and I now find myself in a bidding war and I'm wondering if the agent is playing me against myself?
    Anyone any thoughts on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Ethically they aren't meant to do it and I am pretty sure there are rules they sign. The problem is there isn't anyway of actually knowing. Even if you find out you might not be able to prove it definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Call his bluff. Threaten to back out of the bid and see what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

There seems to be two other bidders, I think it looks legit enough.
    Price has gone up by 10,000 since yesterday though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

Get a friend to call the agent as a new interested party and ask for the latest offers on the house and how many are involved. I did this in the past and it worked once in getting closer to the truth.

Advertisement