Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hiberian leaving the bike insurance market

Options
  • 26-05-2005 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Read this in yesterdays indo. Its gonna leave 35000 bikers looking for insurance cover over the next 12 months. I wonder who will be forced to provide cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bond-007 wrote:
    Read this in yesterdays indo. Its gonna leave 35000 bikers looking for insurance cover over the next 12 months. I wonder who will be forced to provide cover?
    I'm not sure about that 35,000 figure. :) Any biker who knows the score is already with Carole Nash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

thank god I wont be renewing in August.. I'd hate to have to go to Axa.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

I think Carole Nash have the biggest chunk of the market at around 20,000 customers, "Its gonna leave 35,000 bikers looking for insurance cover over the next 12 months" assuming there's 35,000 bikers in Ireland (and they all need insurance), I'd say that statement is pretty accurate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

seamus wrote:
    I'm not sure about that 35,000 figure. :) Any biker who knows the score is already with Carole Nash.

Hibernian was giving better quotes for experienced drivers . Good few of them were insured with Hib as you also got discount on the car policy

Ratchet wrote:
    Hibernian was giving better quotes for experienced drivers . Good few of them were insured with Hib as you also got discount on the car policy
    Ah, I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Eh, what happens, to those who recently have just renewed their insurance with Hibernian??

Roddy23 wrote:
    Eh, what happens, to those who recently have just renewed their insurance with Hibernian??
    You won't be offered a renewal next year. Hibernian will not renew any policies which lapse after 1st August. You'll still be insured until your policy expires.

Advertisement