Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for Shades

• 26-05-2005 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

I'm of a mind I might buy me some shades!

Help me out here. I want something that works, is good quality, can be used for sports but still look good casual, and that are not too expensive (I have an awful track record for losing / breaking / scratching or otherwise destroying sunglasses). Would spend up to €100.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

ELTON%20JOHN%20GLASSES.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

superfly wrote:
    ELTON%20JOHN%20GLASSES.jpg

The Dame Edna look or Elton John? Or is there any difference?? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, ya should check out Roches Stores. Think they're having a sale today or tomorrow. They normally do good reductions and have a good selection of designer sunnies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

How about these?

sunglasses.jpg
    They look as though they'd be durable enough to wear while playing sports, but would be nice to just wear around as well! Got the picture off the River Island (English) website which sells them for £12.99 STG.

http://www.riverisland.com/productdetails.jsp?kick=2092450774&sid=98811357&bo_uid=9143&prodid=BH349&indexPos=3&lpguid=200269

They probably sell them in the River Island shops here too if you don't want to buy over the internet. What sort of colour were you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

For sports I would recommendgoing to a surf/skate shop and having a look at the range there. They're usually designed to take a bit of a battering. Just picked up a nice pair of Animal smoke red tint reflector sunnies' myself the other day. Usually get them anywhere between 40 and 160 squid, Depending on what your after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Looks good, Blondie, I am going to pop in and look at those.

Following some research, there are four types I'd really like!

Rudy Project (apx €120)
    F_RYDON-SX.jpg

Oakley Half Jackets (apx €150)
    4223d53acf136.jpg_242_0_0.png

Adidas Gazelle (apx £100)
    a123.jpg

All a little over my budget, am looking on E-bay for "genuine" deals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

What about Dirty Dogs sunglasses? http://www.dirtydog.co.nz/flashHome.asp

They're like Oakleys but a good bit cheaper. My friend got a pair and they were around €65. You can get them in this surf shop in Ringsend called Surf Dock. You go all the way down Pearse St. towards Ringsend, and when you get to the crossroads where you would turn right to go into Shelbourne Park, turn left instead. The shop is on a boat which is docked in the Grand Canal Basin and they usually have sandwich board signs out on the street for it.

They look like a real option, Rainglow, but I can't decide if they are suitable for running / cycling, which is what I really need them for. Did your friend use them just for watersports, or for other sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The oakley half jackets look great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Genghis wrote:
    They look like a real option, Rainglow, but I can't decide if they are suitable for running / cycling, which is what I really need them for. Did your friend use them just for watersports, or for other sports?

nah he's just a poser ;) I'd say they'd be grand though, give the shop a ring and they can probably help you out. They have a website so 'd say you can ge the number on there. Hope this helps! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Spending that kind of money on sunglasses is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tusky wrote:

No it isn't. A decent pair of sunglasses is very important, especially in the coming summer months. And you better make sure they're proper anti-glare/uv, not just crappy tinted plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Tusky wrote:

they last the distance. plus you take a LOT better care of them if they set you back €120!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Aviators are the only way to go. Big lenses for good protection and they're sooooooooooooooo cool.
    http://www.uswings.com/sunglasses.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

oakley halfs all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 lorraine78

Have been wearing Oakleys for years.....Yeah they are a bit on the pricy side but they are brill...Check out the range at sunglass hut...don't buy them there though...find the ones you want and next time you are at the airport call in at the sunglass hut store there.....tax free so you can save a whole lotta money.....

Tusky wrote:

Yeah, but I'm not spending your money.

Anyway, I went for a pair of Dirty Dogs, thanks for the suggestion again Rainglow. They seem to fit the bill, I spoke to the company and they promise me they will suit running and cycling, they don't look too bad as casual glasses and they cost about €60. A good deal all round.

I am hoping now that they arrive tomorrow so I can try them out at the weekend!

Advertisement