Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racers last night

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DukeDredd wrote:
    They're only loitering. Nothing more. Hogging the station, but doing nothing more. And as long as they pay for their petrol, the Gardai can't do squat, in fear of being brought to court for "harassment".
    So you would call it acceptable behaviour getting the finger from someone after politely asking them to move a few feet. And smoking a cigarrette beside the petrol pump. And revving engines intimidating people going about their business.
    Nope. I don't, actually. I'm saying to those who wanted them fined for doing nothing, "how?". Also, beeping @ any muppet gets you the finger these days.

Also "intimidating people going about their business" is not too bad, as they stay in their cars. Its proberly more intimidating when done by those f*ckers who combine in groups, and kick the sh|t out of each other after a football match.

Babybing wrote:
    Actually I think you'll find it is against the law to loiter
    Yes, I know it is. But the problem is, the Gardai can't charge them for it too easily, as they're cars, queuing at a petrol station. Possible, but hard.
    Babybing wrote:
    You obviosly have no idea what the word prospect means.[?quote]
    prospect was the persons' name.
    Babybing wrote:
    lol what the hells a celtic tiger flashy car.
    One of those twats who has a 00 car, one that cost a good bit of money (ie: not a banger), and drives it like he owns the road. Also, he'll drive as fast as he legally can, and can sometimes be mistaken for the "boy racer" due to his driving. He's more of a chance of getting off, if caught by a copper, as he looks "respectable", compared to the copper pulling over a flashy car driven by an 18 year old male.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,869 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

edmund_f wrote:
    i think you may be a little bit bias here?..
    :rolleyes: (there's no irony emoticon)
    you get a gang of 20+ bikers pulling into a petrol station all blipping the throttle
    I have never seen that to be honest. What happens is a few fill up with petrol, while the rest park in the corner and fill up with tea:)
    (esp the ones on harley davidsons) they would be just as intimidating as a similar gang of boy racers.
    Many Harley riders are sound but unfortunately many are right tossers (and the tossers are the ones who are 'upstanding citizens' the other 6 days of the week but 'rebels' on a sunny Sunday). The genuine Harley riders who love the bikes not the image rightly despise them.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Joeface wrote:
    after reading all these posts ,

What the gardai need is a Brian L spliner job , some one on the inside to take these guys down.

roffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

528i wrote:
    ITRs ?

Everyone needs to lobby their TD's and local councillors to have 'car modification' outlawed completely (ie. any deviation from original factory spec deemed illegal) as it contributes in no small part to road accidents and anti-social behaviour, the insurance companies have done their part by loading policies but more needs to be done, Gardai need to interrogate 'known suspects' and impound their cars immediately for obscured glass infringements and noise pollution offenses, those 'cruising' websites that orchestrate these gregarious meets and dangerous events need to be taken down immediately.

any deviation?? does that include uprated breaks? or the first aid kit I carry that didn't come standard or the emergincy warning triangle or blanket etc??

Noise polution?? only one thing to say about that really, PROVE IT.

and taking down cruising websites? what happened to freedom of speach and expression. last time i checked Ireland was a REPUBLIC not a police state like Iraq or cold war era russia.

I agree that there are a few idiots out there in modified cars that give the rest of us a bad name, but wjhat about the rest of the "responsible" drivers?? and as for blaming them on higher insurance, get your head out of your ar$e car insurance has always been high and it always will be. and blaming a small few on it is just wrong. blame the idiots that drive at 20mph in a 60mph zone on a dark winding road that can cause accidents, or taki drivers that stop to pick up a fair with no warning. or the women that insist on doing makeup while driving or the bus driver that reads the paper while driving. or better yet blame the people that are really to blame. the gready insurance company who will load your policy for any reason they can think of.

yeah the goy(s) in the gas station in Cork where way out of line and they should be dealt with by the athorities i agee totally. and to say that we all want to just race arround the streets is pure crap to be honest, speaking for myself and I'm sure a lot of others that share my passion for cars, I do not speed or take any chances in my car, it cost me too much bloody money to get it the way I like it and I'm not going to wreck my car "racing around teh streets" I'll go to the track to do that.

and as for the Garda having a chat with the guys and girls in MCdS guess what it happens all the time. ya know why??? coz they're not doing anything wrong. all they're doing is meeting up with some like minded individuals and discuss their love of cars etc. Here's an idea, there's a few shows comming up over the summer around the country, go to one meet the people that are displaying their pride and joy, talk to them. and you'll be surprised we won't be discussing how to rob your house or anything like that we'll probably be talking about what mods we have and where we got them done and what we plan on doing next.

and to the Guy that looks the other way in Dunnes Stores Carpark, fair play mate we need more like you, it the Car enthusiests like myself and others had places to sit and meet like that then we wouldn't be on the roads. but then of course I do have to point out that 1 we're insured so we can use them and we pay our road tax just like the rest of ya .

peace out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Babybing wrote:
    You obviosly have no idea what the word prospect means.

I didn't say what you quoted me as saying.
    Please go back and READ THE POSTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I was meeting up with some folks off the "Cruise IRL" forum at Pope's Cross, Phoenix Park a few nights back. A load of idiots in small "hot hatches" also came in to the park and started ripping up the tarmac, to the shame of us and frightening the other folk using the car park (families, kids and all).

It's so easy to see how Joe Public would have tarred us with the same brush being "motor enthusiasts" in the park. In fact, the other Cruise guys were pissed off and actually decided to take off rather than be associated with the a$$holes that were screeching around. This was at an early enough hour too, about 2000h one Thursday evening.

BTW was in the park with the missus last night in the Stag - we saw an old Honda Civic in the Pope's Cross carpark completely smashed up, all windows and panels wrecked, and spray-pain on the sides. With the amount of tyre-marks on the tarmac, looked as if the car had been used, abused and left.

I can vouch for the CruiseIRL & Racers Haven crowd, they are as annoyed by boy-racer activity as the rest of us, maybe doubly so as they do get tarred by the same brush.

And yes, there are some horrific looking "mod'd" cars out there, but each to his own. Ye get boy racers driving Renault Lagunas too, remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

echomadman wrote:
    You know 528i, despite your anti-motorcycle bias I enjoy your posts and their trainwreck inducing powers.
    I'm not 'anti-motorcycle', that was just abit of fun rousing the homo phobic locals :D , BMW have suddenly made bikes all cool 'n retro again, there's even a rumour about certain quarters than j.clarkson's been secretly mulling over a k1200s behind closed doors..

..as for these boy-racing hooligans, too much teenage testosterone ! - squeeze the fkrs I say (I can launch a campaign if theres sufficient interest)
    What the gardai need is a Brian L spliner job, someone on the inside to take these guys down.
    Aherm, Cruiseirl.com had an infiltration agent called 'Shadow' (do a search) afew years back, way before the concept gained in popularity with the FBi and F&F Hollywood directors etc. fair play to Techie from motornet I say, a masterful performance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

elexes wrote:
    well speaking as a business owner who owns a business....

I'm sorry, I just like to quote people kinda incorrectly!! :D

prospect wrote:
    I didn't say what you quoted me as saying.
    Please go back and READ THE POSTS.
    Me or him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Jeez we were all young once. cut em a break. As someone said Least their not breakin' into your house. I have met these before late at night too, I am not proud to say i passed the garage though I needed petrol. However I could not help smile as i drove away ..... Wish I was them 35 years younger and a car too !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

why would you wish you were a car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Is1ldur wrote:
    I'm sorry, I just like to quote people kinda incorrectly!! :D
    im not a english teacher and am dyslexic so if u cant get on reading posts that have typos please feel free to put me on ur ignore list

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

never had problems when i stop there for petrol, they usually park to the side of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I've done a few modifications to my car, and am considering more. It doesn't have anything to do with annoying people, or showing off. I just like to personalise my car in a few small ways that make it more enjoyable to use. I reckon most car enthusiasts in the mod scene are the same, and young people could be doing a lot worse.. like spending money on drink and drugs. In that respect, it's a quite healthy scene.

It's a pity a small number of knackers are giving the car mod / cruise scene such a bad name. Around here, they are known as "shammed up" cars, and doing laps around the town while revving loudly, blasting 500W from the boot is known fondly as "shamming around"!

Advertisement