Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio removal

Options
  • 26-05-2005 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    i am looking to ad my IPod to the radio i have in my Renault Scenic, I have a Denison Icelink and all the bits but i think i must need some tool to remove the radio from the dash, The headunit has 4 small holes in each corner, anybody know of a tool that can do this or know where i can purchase said tool??

Any information would be great

Cheers
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

4 allen keys, or the inside of a BIC pen will do the trick. Just stick them in, and pull using the tape deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi thanks for the responce, Its a CD Player but i can figure a way to pull it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Halfords in Liffey Valley sell the keys to get these out for approx €4, if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Something stiff, pushed in with a small amount of force, and it will pop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Previously in a few fords i used heavy duty nails to removed the radio, just make sure that they are the right size for the holes and strong. At the time it was impossible in Ireland to buy the right keys for radio removal without paying a premium price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

personally just use a wire coat hanger, cut two 6" lengths and bend into two U shapes.

Advertisement