Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blue lights on a bike

Options
  • 26-05-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm fitting some some spotlights to my bike as part of some customisation. I'm going for the retro cop bike look and I was wondering is it legal to fit blue spots (not flashing) on a vehicle ??

Can anyone confirm this ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

i had a us police special a few years back and the local cops gave me a hard time until i removed the blue lights :mad: , however i have seen sports bikes with different coloured lights. you could ask a frindly member of the gardai (best of luck with that :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

freewing wrote:
    you could ask a frindly member of the gardai (best of luck with that :confused: )
    :)

I've heard of a guy being told to remove those tiny little fog lights on his car because they shone blue. "Apart from the indicators, the only acceptable light on the front of your ve-hicle is white. Get rid of them. I'll be checkin' on ya."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

freewing wrote:
    you could ask a frindly member of the gardai (best of luck with that :confused: )

That comment should be in the humour forum !!! ;)

Thanks anyway, Freewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

yes it is illegal to have any light other than a white light fitted to the front
    this includes any light that can be seen from the front (other than indicator)
    ( eg lights fitted under bikes and cars ) , you can be prosecuted in the local District Court, it has come to attention a lot lately as it is phenom associated with boy racers.......

freewing wrote:
    i had a us police special a few years back and the local cops gave me a hard time until i removed the blue lights :mad: , however i have seen sports bikes with different coloured lights. you could ask a frindly member of the gardai (best of luck with that :confused: )

I consider myself to be friendly , not sure if I am too frindly though !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I heard of a guy who had a white car, and written backwards across the bonnet in blue lettering was 'POLITE'.
    He was made remove it!

Urban myth? Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

to cross threads..

Vasch_ro, what would your opinion be on

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260526

see the thread for my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

prospect wrote:
    I heard of a guy who had a white car, and written backwards across the bonnet in blue lettering was 'POLITE'.
    He was made remove it! Urban myth? Probably.
    I wonder if "POLITE" means "POLICE" in Dutch.

Victor wrote:
    I wonder if "POLITE" means "POLICE" in Dutch.

Nope, it doesn't. Polite is "beleefd".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

sigh.....

police in english is politie in .... Dutch

kermit_ie wrote:
    sigh.....

police in english is politie in .... Dutch

Dank Kermit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

:eek: where do all these Dutch speakers come from? :D

Holland ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Impersonating a police officer ? 10 billion years in jail !

Why don't you just enrol to templemore and go legit (more blue lights than you can shake a stick at) :D

Biker.ie wrote:
    Impersonating a police officer ? 10 billion years in jail !

Why don't you just enrol to templemore and go legit (more blue lights than you can shake a stick at) :D

Unless they change their policy on facial hair I won't be joining any time soon. When is the last time you seen a Garda with a 3 inch goatie and very long blond hair ???

Advertisement