Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Quantum Star Trek Wars

Options
  • 26-05-2005 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, you may remember my failed Irish Star Trek fan movie idea that never got off the ground. Well I have a new request of you guys along the same lines. This time I'm planning on making a short movie (5-10 mins) as a crossover between Quantum Leap, Star Trek and Star Wars, which will appear on my website, www.stevetrek.com

The basic story I have worked out is that Q (not THE Q but A Q) appears to commander Kavanagh during his off hours when he's relaxing on the holodeck. After some taunts and insults he's sent back to the year 2005 but not through traditional time travel methods, rather he Quantum Leaps into someone else. The thing that he has to do to leap home is to stop a rouge trade federation agent from the past from destroying Earth during this period (we can work out why he wants to do this later). Anyways I've been working out various effects and below you can see tester footage for these different effects. Anyways I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in getting involved with this? Be it helping with the script, editing, acting, etc I need as many actors as possible.

If enough people are interested we can meet up in town at some venue and work things out whilst slowly drinking ourselves into a stuper. Please let me know what you guys think. Bear in mind that this tester footage is just re-used footage I already had on my system so two of the videos might be identical apart from the effects.

Quantum Leap Tester Footage: http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/leaptest.WMV

Phaser Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/phasertest.WMV

Light Saber Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/lightsabertest.WMV

Q Flash Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/qtest.WMV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So what, nobody wants to help out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Hey d00d, give people time to respond ;P

I'd be interested alright , a good few years ago i wrote a Transformers Trek cross over for a laugh an daccording to the peeps that read it , it was good.

So i'll help with the story anyways ... and i'd defo through my hand in the acting side of things too =)

Megatron wrote:
    So i'll help with the story anyways ... and i'd defo through my hand in the acting side of things too =)

Excellent dude that's the kind of thing I need. Let anyone you know who might be interested know too as if I get enough people interested we can hold a meeting somewhere (in a pub preferably) to get some ideas flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

storyline is a bit similar-ish to when voyager went back in time to the nineties.
    but still, could be kinda cool.

with leaving cert and crap i cant help but good luck with it.

Fuhrio wrote:
    storyline is a bit similar-ish to when voyager went back in time to the nineties.
    but still, could be kinda cool.

with leaving cert and crap i cant help but good luck with it.

It'll take about a month when everything gets going to sort out a story and planning for shots and locations and stuff so the leaving will be well over by then, and if you're not too busy in the mean time you could help out in a non physical kind of way, ie over the net with story ideas and such. Ohh and erm I guess it's kind of similiar but you see this isn't normal time travel, it's quantum leaping, you've seen the show quantum leap right? I'd be occupying someone else's body, and since when are there Jedi or Sith in Star Trek? :P There'd be an element of sliders in there too...

• Advertisement

well sure i wouldnt mind helping online after my leaving.
    might be able to help with storylines or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

urge to vomit rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Awesome, you sir are a comic genius !

What is it with people on boards loving to spoil other people's threads eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

have to say achilles your stuff gets better and better,and im not trying to take the piss.

As for the rest of you, if you think his stuff is so crap why dont you try and come up with something better

Shin

• Advertisement

shinzon wrote:
    have to say achilles your stuff gets better and better,and im not trying to take the piss.

As for the rest of you, if you think his stuff is so crap why dont you try and come up with something better

Shin

Nice to know that people respect my work enough to defend it :-) Anyways that was just tester footage, I recently aquired an episode of Quantum Leap that has the leap effect in all of it's glory filling the screen and then showing the full effect, not leaping into anybody but into nothingness (The Last Episode). I should be able to chroma key the black of out this part of the episode to create a more realistic leaping effect. So Shinzon, you up for helping out? I might organise some kind of discussion to take place in the chatroom of my website some night to get a rough draft of the story together.

I can help out, but im in waterford not dublin, if you need some story ideas let me know

Shin

shinzon wrote:
    I can help out, but im in waterford not dublin, if you need some story ideas let me know

Shin

You came up with a pretty good story for my last project, which unfortunatly wasn't put into practise due to lack of interest. Sure Shin I'd love to see what you come up with. I have a fair few people here and on other boards willing to help out storywise so far so we could all have a brain storming session on my site soon...

By the way in a net café atm, gonna install some FTP software now so I'm gonna upload my latest vid that I did earlier today, my first attempt at bluescreening (bought some fabric yesterday) and it turned out quite well.

Stay tuned...

Ok here my first video using a bluescreen (more tester footage basically) be warned tho that if you haven't seen the finalé of enterprise yet, this WILL spoil it for you as it contains elements from the final ep.

http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/bluescreentester.wmv

lol, that was really good, and i actually laughed out loud at the voice dubbed over archers, nice work achilles.

Fuhrio wrote:
    lol, that was really good, and i actually laughed out loud at the voice dubbed over archers, nice work achilles.

Archer? That's Riker's voice :-P But cheers anyways man :-)

really, doesnt sound like him at all, but my speakers are so crap they make everything sound weird.

im working on some ideas but could be expensive due to effects etc i dunno bout that side of things

One idea im toying with is a leaper leaping into Darth Vader

What ye think

Shin

shinzon wrote:
    im working on some ideas but could be expensive due to effects etc i dunno bout that side of things

One idea im toying with is a leaper leaping into Darth Vader

What ye think

Shin
    Leaping INTO darth vadar? Nah that'd be just a tad too ambitious... where would we get the costumes etc? Let's keep this to just a rouge member of the dark side using new technology to travel into the future to take it over and to another galaxy as there'd be no hope of him taking over his own with the federation everywhere etc. A Q, toying about propells our hero Cmdr. Kavanagh back in time to save the earth from this rouge agent to prove that humanity is still worth saving or something... but a member of the united federation of planets has to be sent in disguise so that nobody will notice that something is out of place, hence Q sends this guy back in time not through conventional means, rather he 'leaps' into someone from that time period. Something along those lines...

yeah sometime i get carried away back to the drawing board

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Achilles wrote:
    Ok guys, you may remember my failed Irish Star Trek fan movie idea that never got off the ground. Well I have a new request of you guys along the same lines. This time I'm planning on making a short movie (5-10 mins) as a crossover between Quantum Leap, Star Trek and Star Wars, which will appear on my website, www.stevetrek.com

The basic story I have worked out is that Q (not THE Q but A Q) appears to commander Kavanagh during his off hours when he's relaxing on the holodeck. After some taunts and insults he's sent back to the year 2005 but not through traditional time travel methods, rather he Quantum Leaps into someone else. The thing that he has to do to leap home is to stop a rouge trade federation agent from the past from destroying Earth during this period (we can work out why he wants to do this later). Anyways I've been working out various effects and below you can see tester footage for these different effects. Anyways I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in getting involved with this? Be it helping with the script, editing, acting, etc I need as many actors as possible.

If enough people are interested we can meet up in town at some venue and work things out whilst slowly drinking ourselves into a stuper. Please let me know what you guys think. Bear in mind that this tester footage is just re-used footage I already had on my system so two of the videos might be identical apart from the effects.

Quantum Leap Tester Footage: http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/leaptest.WMV

Phaser Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/phasertest.WMV

Light Saber Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/lightsabertest.WMV

Q Flash Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/qtest.WMV
    Cant view them, just get "server busy"

Should be working now, perhaps Dreamhost was going through some downtime, try again.

*edit*

Ohh by the way I've improved my leap effect, lookie here and tell me what you think:

http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/leaptest3.wmv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The quantum leap and phaser effects are perfect. The Q effet is different from the series but just as effective - is that the same sound effect?

As for the lightsasbres, what program did you use to do them? TBH its not that great

http://members.lycos.co.uk/kaptinredeye/Jedi.gif

Done with paintshop pro. Very time consuming though, had to be done frame by frame

The lightsaber effect was done with Photoshop and yes had to be done frame by frame. I have since figured out a more effective method tho using Particle Illusion where I just have to place a lightsaber emitter and position it rather than drawing it frame by frame. Ohhh and I won't be using that rotroscoped phaser effect in the vid if it ever does go ahead I'll just stick to an effect I had created previously.

Advertisement