Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Quantum Star Trek Wars

• 26-05-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, you may remember my failed Irish Star Trek fan movie idea that never got off the ground. Well I have a new request of you guys along the same lines. This time I'm planning on making a short movie (5-10 mins) as a crossover between Quantum Leap, Star Trek and Star Wars, which will appear on my website, www.stevetrek.com

The basic story I have worked out is that Q (not THE Q but A Q) appears to commander Kavanagh during his off hours when he's relaxing on the holodeck. After some taunts and insults he's sent back to the year 2005 but not through traditional time travel methods, rather he Quantum Leaps into someone else. The thing that he has to do to leap home is to stop a rouge trade federation agent from the past from destroying Earth during this period (we can work out why he wants to do this later). Anyways I've been working out various effects and below you can see tester footage for these different effects. Anyways I'm just wondering, would anyone be interested in getting involved with this? Be it helping with the script, editing, acting, etc I need as many actors as possible.

If enough people are interested we can meet up in town at some venue and work things out whilst slowly drinking ourselves into a stuper. Please let me know what you guys think. Bear in mind that this tester footage is just re-used footage I already had on my system so two of the videos might be identical apart from the effects.

Quantum Leap Tester Footage: http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/leaptest.WMV

Phaser Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/phasertest.WMV

Light Saber Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/lightsabertest.WMV

Q Flash Test Footage:
    http://www.stevetrek.com/testfootage/qtest.WMV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Effects look good. You might want to be careful with the use of the Starwars logo etc.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lump wrote:
    You might want to be careful with the use of the Starwars logo etc.
    John

Cheers Lump but I wouldn't actually be using the Star Wars logo in the short film, it's be a combination of Star Trek's Classic Movie Logo, Quantum Leap logo and the Star Wars logo.

So anyways Lump, you willing to help me out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

eh.... I'm in England. If you send me Files I can do some stuff. I guess. My AE skills aren't the best, but I can learn. Editing is where it's at.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Really like the lightsaber f/x but any way it could be made a little longer and thinner? It'd look a LOT more realistic then. The actual look is fine, just the shape needs tweaking...

But that's me being nit-pickey... I'd love to help in any way I can though.

trekkypj wrote:
    Really like the lightsaber f/x but any way it could be made a little longer and thinner? It'd look a LOT more realistic then. The actual look is fine, just the shape needs tweaking...

But that's me being nit-pickey... I'd love to help in any way I can though.

Excellent dude so what video editing, script writing, acting skills have you got?

• Advertisement

Lump I was just thinking, I might put some Matrixy stuff in there too so if you could read up on how to create the time rippley bullets in AE and perhaps find a better method for quantum leaping that'd be excellent. Sorry Lump forgot you had moved over to england. Still any help is appreciated. Surely you could help out with the story too :-)

double post

Achilles wrote:
    Excellent dude so what video editing, script writing, acting skills have you got?

Well I don't have much experience but sound wise, I have worked with Pro Tools in college as well as TV Studio setups so I could do summat there if someone got me access to the equipment. I also directed a 25 min chat show as part of an assessment for my Media Studies degree. So I know a little, and am looking to learn more.

I'm mostly interested in learning A/V editing but I'll lend a hand anywhere you want me to.

I'm based in Maynooth and working for the summer, so I could be around a couple of days a week...

trekkypj wrote:
    Well I don't have much experience but sound wise, I have worked with Pro Tools in college as well as TV Studio setups so I could do summat there if someone got me access to the equipment. I also directed a 25 min chat show as part of an assessment for my Media Studies degree. So I know a little, and am looking to learn more.

I'm mostly interested in learning A/V editing but I'll lend a hand anywhere you want me to.

I'm based in Maynooth and working for the summer, so I could be around a couple of days a week...

Excellent mate that's the kind of thing I need. Right now I need someone to fill the part of Q then someone else to fill the part of Darth *Whoever*. I'll also need about three of four other people to be my reflections in the mirror as Q will be leaping me about quite a bit. Also dude, if you could get in touch with some of the people from your course to see if they're interested that'd be great. Having you as an assistant director, ie someone for me to consult with and bounce ideas off would be excellent.

Would certainly be interested...

I'm not usually a regular on boards but if you want to PM me more details, I might be able to help you out...

And I'll point it out to the Media Soc in NUI Maynooth. My classmates are probably mostly finished though, just finishing exams :(

• Advertisement

trekkypj wrote:
    Would certainly be interested...

I'm not usually a regular on boards but if you want to PM me more details, I might be able to help you out...

And I'll point it out to the Media Soc in NUI Maynooth. My classmates are probably mostly finished though, just finishing exams :(

As tesco says, every little helps. All is appreciated mate cheers. Not even mates in the media society tho even friends or relatives who'd be interested. Which reminds, me, I might post about this on Mikado...

Good oh.

Didn't know you were on Mikado...

trekkypj wrote:
    Good oh.

Didn't know you were on Mikado...

Yup :-)

Advertisement