Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't a clue

Options
  • 26-05-2005 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

I recently started (tried to) a website using cPanelx, and i don'y have a clue whats going on, i have already designed sucessfuly a website using homstead and presumed it would be similar but isn't. I've spent hours crawling through google trying to find help but was unable to, can someone please help. Thanks :) .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well first off here is an award for vaguest post so far.

Secondly what help are you looking for - tutorials, a specific fix, etc?

Answers on a postcard please or else via this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Cpanel x is a hosting control panel and has nothing to do with the sitebuilder from homestead.

If you are confused using cpanel talk to your hosting provider or look at the flash tutorials on our site:
    http://www.blacknight.ie/cpanel.0.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Well first off here is an award for vaguest post so far.

Secondly what help are you looking for - tutorials, a specific fix, etc?

sorry, really i need help with everything. Step 1....(sorry)
    blacknight wrote:
    Cpanel x is a hosting control panel and has nothing to do with the sitebuilder from homestead.

i realise it has nothing to do with homestead, what i was trying to say was i easily managed with homestead but hit a brick wall with this
    blacknight wrote:
    If you are confused using cpanel talk to your hosting provider

they are useless won't answer my emails

they are useless won't answer my emails

Then move somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

so have you built the site and are trying to put it online?

• Advertisement

yeraulone wrote:
    so have you built the site and are trying to put it online?
    no i have built a site before an put it online no problem, what i'm trying to say i haven't a clue how to work cPanel x to build this site
    blacknight wrote:
    Then move somewhere else.
    I can't already paid for a year

no i have built a site before an put it online no problem, what i'm trying to say i haven't a clue how to work cPanel x to build this site
    Have you looked at the link I posted?
    I can't already paid for a year

Oh well

i think i'm more confused is cPanel a manager or a site builder

my mistake i thought that cpanel was a site builder :o , is there any advisable site builder software

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Personally, I use Macromedia Dreamweaver to build sites. You can download a trial to see if it suits you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Try learning HTML!
    www.w3schools.com

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you've built a site before and put it online, what's stopping you from building this one the same way?

:)

I used homstead software only available to current homestead customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

In other words online software that allow a user to point, click and build their websites.

Ok well first off you will find that practically no one who uses this board uses any kind of online website builder.

Most, if not all of us know HTML the language required to build basic websites.

As for recommending other online website building software - there are litereally thousands to choose from

Google is your friend

However I would seriously recommend you start to learn the basics on how to build website, while online builders are good, they are limited in what they can and cant do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Indeed.
    [a]. Learn html and/or get a proper web builder program. (dreamweaver/frontpage/other)
    . Get an ftp client and upload directly to your site, bypassing any of this site manager twoddle as much as possible.
    I think in the long run, doing it this way - things will make more sense.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    As for recommending other online website building software - there are litereally thousands to choose from

Google is your friend
    all of those seem to be hosting websites, and I would only like like a site builder. Would it be alot more simpler to go out and buy a sitebulder program

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gordon wrote:
    Thanks I'm getting on well using it

Gordon wrote:
    The only thing i don't understand is how to post a link, any help

Advertisement