Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, should be good. Will Wright must be one of the greatest game creators ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

*Cough* Sig *Cough* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i hadnt heard/seen any of the details of this game till i watched this.

looks really impressive.

fook

i wanna play now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Check out the hour long preview of the game at GDC:

http://www.pqhp.com/cmp/gdctv/

It's a really good vid. Make sure and watch the Katamari Damacy one too. The designer is a really charming guy. He doodles all over his powerpoint presentation as he goes as well.

I find Spore really exciting because it shows there's another way to make visually impressive games other than the way we're doing things at the moment. The next gen EA games are going to have 150 artists slaving away making content for the games and they're going to charge us through the nose for the pleasure.

With Will Wrights new method small developers could make games with a huge scope like this with a handful of programmers. They concentrate on the gameplay and concept, the content creates itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

So I figured I may as well bump up one of the countless thread on this game, just watched the new gameplay stream (video section on right, scroll down) and HOLY CRAP! I really hope they can pull off half of the things they are trying in this game, it would be phenomenal.

That was some wishful thinking by Hobbes originally, shame it ain't out already!

Here is another pretty cool video I found while trying to choose which thread to bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah it'll be a while yet before it's out, but it does look very very promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I found this to be the most interesting game at E3 last year, and from what I've seen so far it looks like its going to repeat that.

You can really see they've made good progress into making it a real game rather than just a concept, I hope it turns out as well as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The vid does look great..

But after creating your creature [which does look amazing], it looks a bit...dull...

We can only wait and see..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The vid does look great..

But after creating your creature [which does look amazing], it looks a bit...dull...

We can only wait and see..

Yup my thoughts. Looks great but where is the "game" bit. IMO sandbox games or games that lack direction aren't all that much fun once the novelty factor wears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've always assumed that there will some sort of mission-based story to get you into the game proper (mission 1: evolve, mission 9: destroy world).

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/spore/more-spore-e3-trailer-172735.php

This video has actually succeeeding putting me off the game a little. I really do not like the cartoonish quality to the species. I hope it's an in-game trailer rather than actual footage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Another Spore Movie:

http://www.joystiq.com/videos/e306/JoystiqE3_Spore.mov

Its really long but worth sticking with for the second half, they get Robin Williams on stage to design a creature and he has a great time with it. With all the games being shown at E3 its amazing that what is just an editor ranks among the most fun looking things at the show. This game is going to be great.

Oh that was brilliant Stevie, was laughing my ass off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It looks so damn good. Robin Willams cracked me up, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

lol yeah great stuff.

spore was/is definitely the game of e3 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I drool every time I see a new video of Spore. It's definitely on the list. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Williams was priceless in this.

"He's a jewish monster - I doooon't know, I doooon't know. Maaaaybe."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Williams was priceless in this.

"He's a jewish monster - I doooon't know, I doooon't know. Maaaaybe."

"as you can see, this creature can snort crack from miles away"

"This guy has had one too many to drink" ... as the procedural animation tries to balance a creature with short legs, 3 pairs of arms and a nose the length of a barge pole, and the comments when he clicked the "create baby" button (which proceeded to crash the system); priceless.

Advertisement