Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mms setting for meteor on xda11

Options
  • 13-05-2005 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

if anybody could help me i would be gratefull

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Post up the options/fields that it asks for in the MMS Profiles and ill tell you what goes where.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, for MMS you need to set up a new connection, plus configure the MMS application

Tap:
    Start Menu
    Settings item
    Connections tab
    Connections icon
    Advanced tab
    Select Networks button

Select My MMS from the top Drop Down List (if available) and tap the Edit... button, you are brought to the Modem Tab in Connection Settings

OR

If My MMS isn't available create it by tapping New... and entering My MMS, then tap the Modem Tab

Tap the New.. button

Connection Name: Meteor MMS GPRS
    Select Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Tap Next...

Access point name: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Tap Next...

User name: my
    Password: mms
    Domain: (leave blank)
    Tap Finished...

You are brought back to the Modem tab in Connection Settings, if there is more than one connection make sure the connection you just created is selected (i.e. the radio button beside Meteor MMS GPRS is active)

Tap OK in the top left once.

Now make sure from the top Drop Down list you select My ISP again (to make sure you can easily connect back to the GPRS Internet services again by default)

Tap OK in the top left twice to get back to the Settings Screen.

Now to configure the MMS application...

Tap:
    Start Menu
    Programs item
    MMS Composer
    Tools Menu (at bottom)
    Options...

Preferences Tab is displayed...
    Tap the Servers Tab
    Tap and hold on somewhere in the middle of the screen until the 'pop-up' menu appears
    Tap New

Server Name: Meteor MMS
    Gateway: 10.85.85.85
    Server Address: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

Tap OK and you are brought back to the Servers Tab
    Tap the Preferences Tab

Connect Via: My MMS
    Connect to Server: Meteor MMS
    Tick, Retrieve Messages Immediately *
    Size Limit, Sending: e.g. 40k
    No attempts before aborting: e.g. 3
    Tick, Download on home network only (if required)

* if the message doesn't download immediately (automatically) you can open up the MMS app, select the message header and Tap 'Download' to get it

the only other issue is that WM PPCPE 2003 likes to keep it's GPRS sessions active so you can find your session to the MMS APN remains active after a send or receive so you may have to manually disconnect (holding down the hang-up button for a few seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

hi, for MMS you need to set up a new connection, plus configure the MMS application...

cheers that worked :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

can somebody help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Above details supplied by DubWireless on a previous thread here

[edit: thread now merged, thanks]

• Advertisement
Advertisement