Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost mobile - can I buy new one with old number?

Options
  • 26-05-2005 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Ok people, My mother has lost her my mobile a few months ago and can't find it.
    It was with 087,
    WOuld it be possibe, for her to buy a new mobile with vodafone/o2 and keep her original number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Yep, just give them a call and they'll cancel her sim. Then go to a shop and buy a new sim and they will be able to apply her number to it. Did it at christmas, worked perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hi MoeHawk,

They will probably replace the SIM with the same number for a fee. Providing you have reasonable proof that your mother was using that number, (for example if she registered with Vodafone using that number.) See clause 8.1 under the terms and conditions here:

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/prepaid/index.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭MoeHawk

Yep, just give them a call and they'll cancel her sim. Then go to a shop and buy a new sim and they will be able to apply her number to it. Did it at christmas, worked perfect

Ok thanks, and would it work if she bought an 02 number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You just go to a phone shop and get the number back with a sim change, you aren't charged if it's your first. You don't buy a new sim. You don't need to prove anything, they ask for name, number and date of birth.
    The number is just applied to a blank sim card. Once she's got the number back, she can then move it onto o2, but only then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭MoeHawk

RachG wrote:
    You just go to a phone shop and get the number back with a sim change, you aren't charged if it's your first. You don't buy a new sim. You don't need to prove anything, they ask for name, number and date of birth.
    The number is just applied to a blank sim card. Once she's got the number back, she can then move it onto o2, but only then.

Sorry i meant, if she buys a new 02 phone, would she still get the 70 euro credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah but she'd have to port to o2 first. So she'd have to re-activate her Vodafone sim card first. Then she'll get 10e straight away, 20e when she registers and 10e/month for 4 months.

Advertisement