Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayonnaise or Salad Cream?

• 26-05-2005 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I'm the only person in the world who can't stand mayonnaise? I hate the stuff. Way too "eggy" for my liking. Much prefer salad cream. If I'm making a sandwich, for example, I'll put salad cream on it. When I'm making a plain ham sandwich, for example, I'll usually "butter" the bread with salad cream instead of butter. Why the hell is it any sandwich you buy anywhere usually has mayonnaise on it? It makes me sick. As a result, I'll very rarely buy a pre-packaged sandwich. Would prefer to make my own and bring them with me.

And when it comes to salad cream, for me it's got to be Chef Salad Cream. I can stomach the likes of Heinz but I prefer Chef. It's more "vinegary" (if that's even a word! :D) and has more of a "bite" or "kick" to it than the Heinz stuff.

So, just wondering, am I unusual in my hatred for mayonnaise or are there any other fellow mayo-haters out there?

Mayonnaise or Salad Cream? 46 votes

Mayonnaise
    0% 0 votes
    Salad Cream
    67% 31 votes
    Neither, both turn my stomach!
    26% 12 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    6% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

hey it`s always hellmans mayo for me!!! love the stuff :p and i can't stand salad cream :o at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

mayonnaise is good as long as it isn't low fat.

I can't stand ketchup, it's just loaded with sugar, and salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I love them both equally. I love iceberg lettuce and salad cream. Mustard mixed with mayo is good too.
    But a nice dollop of atari jaguar on a steak is lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

its mayo for me, love the stuff and it actually used to be the other way round. I dont know what it is about salad cream its way too vinegary for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

no you aren't the only person in the world who dislike mayonnaise.
    I like it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I hate both of them equally, and cannot stomach mayo on my food. It makes me feel very queasy (should mention that I once got food poisining after eating a toasted cheese sandwich with 'hidden' mayo in the States and so probably have a phychological block in place!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Mayo for chips, salad cream for sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

mayo on literally everything....seriously, its a problem....!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I generally don't like Mayo, but I've made it a few times myself and it's a totally different class of substance. However, Tesco Finest Smoked Garlic Mayo is yummm, especially on your chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Mayonnaise on chips....... oh God, even the thought of that turns my stomach! Thank you very bloody much, Belgium!* :mad:

*In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, putting mayo on chips is really big in Belgium. The whole practice may have even began there, in fact. Go to the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Spa any year and there's people eating it all over the place, apparantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

If it's to be mixed with tuna for sandwiches, both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mayonnaise.. *drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

Love Hellman's regular mayo, hate the low-fat kind. Don't like ketchup or salad cream - find them way too sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Saladnnaise or Mayocream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

salad cream is nicer than mayonnaisse

I hate the abbreviation mayo

also - the atari jaguar option is fast becoming the most irritating thing of all time. What purpose does it serve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm not a fan of Salad Cream ... love Mayonaisse & actually like the extra light stuff.

Fav is dijon mayonaise [from france of course] ... I could eat it with a spoon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Heavy on the miracle Harry .... Miracle ... or Hellmans, nicest Mayo ...
    IMO Salad cream has a synthetic taste ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

i adore miracle whip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

i've never EVER had salad cream in my life before. Think i will have to buy a bottle and see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Mayonnaise without a doubt, I don't like salad cream much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

mick_irl wrote:
    i've never EVER had salad cream in my life before. Think i will have to buy a bottle and see what it's like.

ill get u some miracle whip!

Advertisement