Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing x-box hard-drive?

• 26-05-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Ive modded my xbox but wanna replace the current x-box hard-drive with a 200GB internal hard-drive.

But the x-box won't recognise itself anymore?
    What do I have to do to the HD for the x-box to recognise itself as an x-box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I don't know what you mean by "recognise itself"

To install a new HDD, just open the xbox up, take out the old HDD, and slot the new one in it's place. You need a boot disk to format the drive and maybe install some stuff for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

Giblet wrote:
    I don't know what you mean by "recognise itself"

To install a new HDD, just open the xbox up, take out the old HDD, and slot the new one in it's place. You need a boot disk to format the drive and maybe install some stuff for you.

Need to lock (password protect) the hardisk to boot into normal ms dash if thats what you mean.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

hey thanks works perfect now

(it just wasnt coming on as an x-box is meant to after i put int the HD so wasnt sure if there was a software prodlem or something)

Advertisement