Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

its a budget phone with alot of good features. its fairly advanced considering its price. However, unfortunately it wouldnt be as smooth as nokias. Its a good phone, but prepare for rough ness of some user interface. i feel there is a poor profile option on them. e.g silent and normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is one of my favorite phones of all times seriously i love phones i work with them , this phone is made for the customers

camera phone , easy to use , 80 call credit , for €79

what more do you want

gets my thumbs up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I have this phone and I enjoy using it a lot.

Advantages
    1) The colour screen is good quality.
    2) The handsfree loudspeaker function is excellent (loud), with adjustable volume.
    3) The camera does take a decent picture (though I rarely use it.)
    4) It has a few extras like a sound recorder, and a calendar so you can add written and voice memos to a date.
    5) It has a quality feel; sturdy and well built. Probably wouldn't be affected by a few drops or knocks.
    6) It has a handsfree ear piece supplied.
    7) The standby time is great, usually days even when I use the loudspeaker.

Disadvantages
    1) The Vodafone themed "branding" of the software.
    For example, asking "How are you?" when you switch on, all the user interface menus are red and white and there is all too easy access to the expensive "Vodafone Live" service.
    2) The Vodafone themed "branding" of the phone. The Vodafone logo on the phone isn't attractive.
    3) The phone design. I don't like the shape of the key pad, it makes the keys very small and the two curves on both sides are unattractive.
    4) There's no Speed Dial function; to assign a key to a particular number. No voice activated dialling either.
    5) Accessing incoming texts can be cumbersome.

Regarding the design of the phone, there are V55 phone covers available on the Sagem web site. I got a phone case from Vodafone (€10) looks far better.

This phone is available for €69 with free delivery from the Vodafone website:

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ootm&productId=10906&bpProductId=10905

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

What I mean is if a text comes in and I'm there to read it I can just press READ on the menu, thats fine. But if a text arrives when I'm on a call, or when I'm writing a text, I have to retrieve it by going to the main menu (1 click), then navigating to the Messages icon (2 clicks), then scrolling down to Inbox (another 3 clicks).

Or I can press the left arrow on the navigation button and then click OK, which is only two clicks but I only realised I could do that recently! However that only brings me to the "Inbox", to get to the "Outbox" or "Sentbox" it's back to the method above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

my friend has that
    good picture memory

About No.2 i slept with my phone on vodafone live because i clicked that stupid lil "live" button and woke up with no credit
    but i think somewhere in the phone u can get rid of the shortcut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

*adele* wrote:
    About No.2 i slept with my phone on vodafone live because i clicked that stupid lil "live" button and woke up with no credit
    but i think somewhere in the phone u can get rid of the shortcut

lies unless you were also pressing buttons in your sleep as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

well technically speaking if it used the csd connection it could stay on, but cant see why??? they are all set up for gprs usage, so it seems strange alright?

• Advertisement

It charges you for being on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

you should change the settings on your phone then to gprs as it only charges when you download..... you could have it on vodfone live all day and it wont cost a thing..... yours must be on csd...that will cost a fortune to use it

Advertisement