Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making your own anime costumes...

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Dude, I am so ****ing excited about that anime convention! WOOOOOOO!! I so have to cosplay, but I don't know how to make it, or where to get the fabric and such. I want to cosplay Excel Excel from Excel saga, or maybe Edward Elric from Full Metal Alchemist. Could someone tell me where to get the fabrics and give me some tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

hickeys henry st or trimmings on the quays.

Your best bet it to get a pattern or one simular to what you want and the
    modify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. Hickeys is the first place I went to to make a cloak for my Mojo Jojo costume 2 years ago... it ended up looking pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Or theres a place just at the happeny bridge...i think it's on the northside now...em the woolen mills or something, I went to a party as lil red riding hood once, and got all i needed in there..now it was about 2 years ago, so I don't know what it's like now-otherwise, depending on your size have a look in smiths-ie kids toy store-you might get some ideas there or pick up stuff.

As for patterns try online or here might give u an idea....

Advertisement