Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is everyone so quiet

Options
  • 27-05-2005 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

have all the regular poster died or summit, where is everyone gone????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've eaten them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Eh, 2 things:

#1 - in case you hadn't noticed tintinr35, term has ended. Thus most of the original regular posters aren't checkin these boards every single goddammed day from the Daedalus or wherever else on campus.

#2 - Since term has ended, ppl thus work longer hours and get drunk/stoned/depressed with whatever free time they get, and therefore they just don't have the capacity to fit pointless boards musings into their hectic schedules.

The only reason I still have time for this is cos I still haven't got a job, and also lack the monetary resources necessary for narcotic consumption.

In the words of Anthony Michael Hall in The Breakfast Club;
    "Does that answer your question?" :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well said!

I'm at a loose end for the next week or so, but thanks to the leaves coming out on the lovely ash tree outside my house I've got no broadband! So i'll be fairly quiet for a while....

(it's ok to rejoice :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I'm going out to look for a job now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

SebtheBum wrote:
    / \
    |
    I love that film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

SebtheBum wrote:
    Eh, 2 things:

#1 - in case you hadn't noticed tintinr35, term has ended. Thus most of the original regular posters aren't checkin these boards every single goddammed day from the Daedalus or wherever else on campus.

#2 - Since term has ended, ppl thus work longer hours and get drunk/stoned/depressed with whatever free time they get, and therefore they just don't have the capacity to fit pointless boards musings into their hectic schedules.

The only reason I still have time for this is cos I still haven't got a job, and also lack the monetary resources necessary for narcotic consumption.

I have not drank so much (#2, above) in years... that great feeling that exams are over... it's awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Yeah most people are finished the exams now, so they've gone and gotten jobs, or gone off to America for the Summer, or are quite possibly still hungover from celebrating finishing their exams! I'd say this place is gonna get fairly quiet over the Summer though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plus during exams people procrastinate more, ergo more time on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

the term is still not over for some of us :( :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

m1ke wrote:
    :eek: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really wish an employer would give me a job. Granted I haven't bothered to go out and hand in CVs anywhere but still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

m1ke wrote:

aw...airhug.....hopefully it shan't be for too much longer, and then you can join the drinking club...shiney badges are obtained after the 25th pint....

I just thought there was some big conspiracy going on or something....ah so ppl just have lives, good good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I have loads of time for boards because i am a jobless bum :o

PS: anyone know why when saving a document in works word processor on windows xp it always adds the extension .wps even if i choose the various .doc extensions.???

All the agencies email me back saying they couldn't open my CV etc. :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm still here, still alive......... just. Oh I love working....... NOT! Fooking knackerd! Going to bed for weekend so talk to ye all on Monday!

Advertisement