Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limewire??

• 27-05-2005 5:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

can anyone tell me if they use limewire, what the legalities are?im thinkin of usin it. any input greatly recieved :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Depends on what you download using limewire. I wouldn't touch it. Much better ways to download what you want from the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

IMO if you're using windows, Shareaza is a pretty good option. Shareaza has support for gnutella1, gnutella2, edonkey and torrent, but it requires a small bit of setting up and after first install it can be a pain to get it to update its host cache for g1-2 and edonkey. If you do decide to give it a shot you should try getting version 2.1.1.0 rather than the 2.1.0.0 that's on the website. It's a beta of the new release with many fixes that improve the programs support for g1-edonkey. Be sure to run trought the wiki to get your optimal settings. Also, you may already be aware of this but if you're winxpsp2 you'll need the maximum concurrent connections patch. Evil Microsoft limit the number of open ports from xpsp2. Thankfully, some nice person wrote a patch. Can be found easily with google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gforces

joe. wrote:
    Depends on what you download using limewire. I wouldn't touch it. Much better ways to download what you want from the internet.

Why wouldn't you touch Limewire? And don't be shy, what are the better ways to download what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Spyware, duh! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I use the paid version of Limeware - spyware free and I find it pretty good.

• Advertisement

As do I! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

digitaldr wrote:
    I use the paid version of Limeware - spyware free and I find it pretty good.

Paid version eh?
    I suppose you use the paid version of Kazaa as well? :rolleyes:

Why the hell would anyone in their right mind pay for something like Limware or Kazaa when there's such good problems licensed under the GPL such as http://www.shareaza.com/

Infini wrote:
    Spyware, duh! :rolleyes:
    duh yourself. no spyware.

I didn't actually pay for the paid version of Limewire. One of the few flaws with it is that you can download the paid version from the unpaid version. How fun! :)
    ditto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I didn't actually pay for the paid version of Limewire. One of the few flaws with it is that you can download the paid version from the unpaid version. How fun! :)

Reported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

edit them posts about downloading that thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

1. I don't want file sharing discussed.
    2. This is a software related thread.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement