Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Green Day- Wake me up video

• 27-05-2005 7:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Excellent mini movie video but why didnt i get that with my cd :confused:

Kinda cool how they fit the movie part into the song.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

agree 100%

fantastic video.
    must of been very expensive in parts???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Agree. Best video I've seen in a long while. IIRC it's the first time they've brought poiltics into their videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

bennyx_o wrote:
    IIRC it's the first time they've brought poiltics into their videos.

Hardly. American Idiot and Holiday were politically loaded videos, i.e Drenched US flags, bombs being dropped, references to the "president gasman", etc....

It's a great political album. Especially for a punk band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Wake Me Up reminds me a bit of Air's - All I Need video. (which is much better, IMHO).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Yeah it's definately a great video, but does anyone else not think it'll get annoying after a while? Having to listen to the girl scream and cry and stuff over and over is bound to get frustrating :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

There's a shortened version going around too, saw it on kerrang a while ago.

VH2 seem to always play the full version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Ok, just watched the video. But I'm not sure if it was the long or short version. How long is the long one?

Dunno.. about 7 minutes? It has the two of them fighting when the girl finds out the guy is going off to the army and she starts crying and screaming blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

downloaded the long version, very cool video

im not a particularly big fan of green day but i love the song, havent seen the shortened version of the video yet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I love Green Day have all there albums and saw them in concert but I can't stand that bull in the video, don't get me wrong the video for the most part is good with the political message and all that but those acting parts at the start, middle and end are so annoying and have no place in music videos there so annoying :mad:

• Advertisement

Ah cmon the girl is pretty damn hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dceire wrote:
    but those acting parts at the start, middle and end are so annoying and have no place in music videos there so annoying :mad:

I remember seeing the video the first time and thinking WTF? at the acting at the beginning but when the video was over I thought it all tied in nicely. Great song and album btw.

B.

Advertisement