Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks El action

• 27-05-2005 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom League Premier Division Fixtures
    27 May 2005
    Bohemians - Shelbourne
    Cork City - Derry City
    St Patrick's Athletic - Longford Town
    UCD - Shamrock Rovers
    Waterford United - Drogheda United
    28 May 2005
    Finn Harps - Bray Wanderers

3 games in Dublin tonight, Bohs need a result vs Shels to stoping the whiney fans whining for a few minutes would imagine it be a draw. We have Longford we will beat them if OBrien not in goal if he is we buggered and it be 0-0. Rovers will hopefully lose tonight as UCD have a habit of dragging teams down to their level, Mc Court to be stretchered off after 15 minutes?
    Cork and Watersomfin playing also somewhere far....far.....away 2 home wins .

/Stole a camcorder so some actual El footage be on net tonight :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:
    Eircom League Premier Division Fixtures
    27 May 2005
    Bohemians - Shelbourne
    Cork City - Derry City
    St Patrick's Athletic - Longford Town
    UCD - Shamrock Rovers
    Waterford United - Drogheda United
    28 May 2005
    Finn Harps - Bray Wanderers

Bohs have been on a good run recently, and I'd be happy enough with a draw away in Dalymount tonight.

Derry, after their great start, should be well up for iy down in Cork, and we all know about the problems Cork are having with their home support recently. Could be an interesting game.

I think Pats and Longford will be a draw.

UCD are very dogged, but if McCourt brings his magic wand then Rovers should be good enough.

Drogs and Waterford are two very good teams, and Drogs need to win to keep up a title challenge. I'll go for the Drogs win here.

Bray will beat Harps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

seansouth wrote:
    Derry, after their great start, should be well up for iy down in Cork, and we all know about the problems Cork are having with their home support recently. Could be an interesting game.

Interesting...quite. If the fans dont get behind the team tonight, they should feck off. There is all this talk about protests and so on, its sickens me to the pit of my stomach. People seem to forget that if City win tonight and beat Shels on Monday, they go TOP! So its not all doom and gloom.

Tonight could also be Kevin Doyles last game as a City player in the Cross. Reading have supposedly tabled an offer. Should be a nice open game, and Im going to go for a 2-1 win for City (Cork ;) ).

Shels to beat Bohs.

Harps to beat Bray.

Waterford and Drogs to draw.

UCD to beat Shams

Longford and SPA to draw 1-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Bohs will be so motivated for tonights match, if they can't get a result off us tonight they never will, espically with Fenlons talk of 4-5-1s and no Ndo, ffs :( I'm really looking forward to this one though, massive massive game. Crowe to net his first goal for us tonight, it's written in the stars so it is :) Everyones fit afaik the only absence is the suspended Hawkins so Harris will play centre half, god knows what the rest of the team will be. Don't want to predict a score, I suppose I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw but I'd really love to beat them.

Cork v Derry is a big game too, realistically I just can't see Derry winning the league, but it's still a big game from Corks point of view. I can see them getting a win and maybe, just maybe, that minority of fans getting off everyones back and then them going on a little run.

I can see Harps picking up 3 points v Bray and putting some pressure on both them and Rovers, espically if UCD get points off Rovers and in Belfield they'd be favourites for the win. Drogheda need 3 points off Waterford to maintain their challenge, too many draws at the moment. They need another striker, I can't see Arkins being the answer tbh not at this stage in his career, they need someone who'll put 20 a season in in the league. Pats to beat a poor Longford side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Bohs will be motivated tonight as Shlash/ED pointed out, but so (hopefully) will Shels after the embarassing performance they put in against Linfield.
    It'll be a close game, a 1 goal margin or a draw.

Cork to draw with Derry! :D

With the conditions the way they are down here, I expect the game of 2 Citys to end up 0-0. Its pissing rain now since 8 last night. Makes for a poor crowd and a poor game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Shels are 1 up against bohs.. moore in the 18th minute :)

FT Bohemians 2 - 1 Shelbourne :( brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

9 man Longford beat 10 man pats :eek:

We were **** tried to play football they beat us up and scored a superb goal on the break (seriously good worth watching Tv3 ****e just for that goal).
    All 3 sending offs were correct the ref got it spot on, did a good job in a nasty match.

Had about 50 million chances but barley had a shot on target and the ones we did have the Cat saved (git can see Richer from his bleedin house)

Ah well there goes the unbeaten at home thing we had.
    :(
    Least Shelbourne Rovers lost too.

kdjac

Bohs deserved their win, Shels were rubbish aside from a class opening gosl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Slash/ED wrote:
    Bohs deserved their win, Shels were rubbish aside from a class opening gosl.

I'm completely shocked and extremely downhearted by Shels performance tonight. Apart from the wonderful goal they showed absolutley nothing and completley embarresed us all over the park.

Extremely disappointed. :(

• Advertisement

Ndo was class, as expected.
    Moore actually appear interested in the game, for once.

All of our strikers were way off the pace.

The referee's a joke, but he was for both teams.

Nine players for first goal, ten for second, why didn't we make the subs earlier?! :(

brutal

Were you at the game? I heard it was a very good game between 2 good teams,and Bohs edged it.

The real story of last night is 'crisis club', Cork City went joint top of the league with a good 2-0 win over Derry. Very good second half, as both teams tried to play ball. City deservedly took the lead, then sat back, Derry probed for an equaliser, but City suckered them with a counter attack second. Game over.

Funnily enough there were
    NO Rico Out chants
    No Pat Dolan Chants
    No Sack The Board chants
    No Lennox out Chnats
    No Protest after the game.

Crisis club, your having a laugh. Should be a good game monday between City and Shels now.

Funnily enough there were
    NO Rico Out chants
    No Pat Dolan Chants
    No Sack The Board chants
    No Lennox out Chnats
    No Protest after the game.

So that must be first time in what, 2 seasons ? :p

Some of these bigger games should be shown in feckin RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gimmick wrote:
    Should be a good game monday between City and Shels now.
    If we play as badly as we did last night it will be good. FOR YOU. :eek:

Alan Moore scored a good goal, but we were outplayed by Bohs on most parts of the pitch.

Disappointed isn't the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It really has thrown the league wide open. At the moment there are realistically 4 teams that can win it as I see it.

Shels
    Cork
    Drogheda
    Derry

Monday nights should be a great contest. Monday night might mean a lack of support from Cork, but the exiles will be there in force. Setanta are showing it. Pat Dolan wasn't half hyping it up on Radio 1 last night.

He's a 1 man marketing machine.

Who's the best midfielder in the league.

George O'Callaghan or Joseph Ndo?
    Gamble or Stuey?

Expect Fireworks :)

If we play 4-5-1 again, I'll go nuts!! :(

Even when we were down to 9 men, I saw Harris asking Collins what was going on, were they to reshuffle, and I saw him signal 4-5-1, when we only had 9 men on the pitch!! (Missing left back and left winger). Of course, then they scored 2 goals. Typical :eek: :)

If we do play 4-5-1 I'd expect nothing less than a victory, for Cork :( It doesn't work, it just doesn't!

So that must be first time in what, 2 seasons ? :p

You know, it put a bit of pride back into being a City fan again. After the disgraceful scenes after the Portadown game, last night told those idiots where they can go.

Great to see Gamble back in the starting XI.

Bring on Monday.

George O'Callaghan or Joseph Ndo?
    Gamble or Stuey?

It's a good debate as they're both very similar, hopefully monday will show us more.
    Were you at the game? I heard it was a very good game between 2 good teams,and Bohs edged it.

I dunno, it was like that in many ways I suppose, it would have been a good one for the TV. There were some great moves and the first two goals were both absolute class, but Shels were just so lazy at times, it was so frustrating to watch. Bohs were better and we created very little, it's one of the most frustrated I was coming out of a Shels match.

Advertisement