Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starship Troopers screenshots

Options
  • 27-05-2005 7:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Decent premise for a game as you have already seen the Aliens lol tho if this came out before the movie it be "ah ffs another fps with aliens" :D

Looks a bit like the movie but more daytimieish.

http://www.starshiptroopers-game.com/gallery/

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Looks good, 300 bugs at once :eek:

Hope they get the atmosphere right, altough I'm at bit worried about the bit on the website where they say they visited the set of the second movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

stevenmu wrote:

Hope they get the atmosphere right, altough I'm at bit worried about the bit on the website where they say they visited the set of the second movie.
    Careful now. I remember someone posting on the Films board who was very passionate about the 2nd film being one of the best films ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

It looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Wasn't there already a ST game?

Never played it though, I think it was one of those cash-ins that got hardly any promotion.

I hope this is good though, the film has a cool story that seems perfect for a videogame imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I playee the demo of the game. It was squad level based. You had about a platoon of soldiers point and click. Not very fancy the level was pretty barren.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote:
    300 Bugs at once? Sounds more like Knights of the old Republic 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Careful now. I remember someone posting on the Films board who was very passionate about the 2nd film being one of the best films ever made.

That might have been me, didn't say it was best film ever but I did indeed love it!

Anyway, game looks great. The rolling video makes it look more fantastic, with the original Starship Troopers theme playing......wow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well, I'll just say it wasn't the film I wanted it to be. It had a very different feel to the first movie, and I hope for this game they stick with the first one

stevenmu wrote:
    Well, I'll just say it wasn't the film I wanted it to be. It had a very different feel to the first movie, and I hope for this game they stick with the first one

In that context yes, when I think about it, the 2nd one would be much more suited to a Resident Evil type game!

Its definately all about the first movie though, maybe not in story or characters but in spirit....thank god. A game on the second movie would be too limited.

That might have been me, didn't say it was best film ever but I did indeed love it!
    Ah yes. I thought so. Sorry for the exaggeration.

I've never seen it myself. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it on the movie channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Maybe its just me but I dont really like killing bugs in computer games...not much fun in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The second movie was pure cack, but the game might be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

300 Bugs at once? Sounds more like Knights of the old Republic 2.

hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

This looks savage !!. I hope it comes out on the Xbox aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Needs a bit of work to make it as immersive as it should be... i wonder if that blonde guy Ace from the first film will be in it... id love to shoot his face off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Is there not some sort of mod for HL2 which looks similiar to this???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks pretty crap tbh. Wow 300 bugs at once :rolleyes: So it's just an all out blast fest, fun for all of 10 minutes. I may be wrong but I'll put my money on this game being dire.

K-TRIC wrote:
    This looks savage !!. I hope it comes out on the Xbox aswell.

Rumours stated it would. ;)

Game looks fantastic, to those who don't like Starship Troopers, the game might not hold the same amazing appeal it holds for me....

The screenshots do look pretty poor, but the rolling video I saw a few months ago, with the original theme playing in background, was absolutely amazing.

Can't wait until this arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

BloodBath wrote:
    Looks pretty crap tbh. Wow 300 bugs at once :rolleyes: So it's just an all out blast fest, fun for all of 10 minutes. I may be wrong but I'll put my money on this game being dire.

Serious Sam games are great and what are they? Pure carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It's really only going to appeal to diehard ST fans, LIKE ME !!!

And yes the second film was absolute tripe, worse thing to ever grace my dvd player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Heh, could be fun. I remember thinking "This'd be much better as an FPS" when the first ST game was announced.

A lot of "shoot things that are dangerous when they get close to you" games had a lot of the fun stripped out of them because the enemies were too slow or incredibly puny (Star Trek:Elite Force's Borg to name one. It felt like the only way they could kill you was to fill you so full of nanoprobes that you exploded Monty Python style). Hopefully the arachnids will run along at a decent pace and kill you with one good swipe, which might even make some of them dangerous ;). If this game turns out well, then it'll be HARD!

It'd be pretty cool if they offered you the option of playing as a bug in multiplayer AvP style, but I don't see that happening.

Of course, there's still a significant possibility that this game will *censored because I like being able to view this forum* so hard that they fall off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

well the starship troopers movie is one of the greatest giant insect movies of our generation

Advertisement