Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Wonka Trailer

• 27-05-2005 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

Full length trailer now out: http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?pmmsid=1345820&_AOLFORM=w708.h344.p7.R1

You'll need to download a 500k AOL movie plugin to watch it, though.

Not sure about it, to be honest. Depp looks like he's having a great time, but it looks like hes the best thing about the movie. Some of the dialogue in the trailer is painful....

See what you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Jonny Depp looks like he is having a good time alright......dont like the look of the new Umpa Lumpa's(sp).....still looks like a good show....will prob watch anyway

Thought the 1st trailer was better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Always annoys me when the put trailers in a propriety format and ask you to install plugins.

Should be a quicktime format out shortly.

Although I'm a big Burton fan I stil don't see whay they need to remake this. It's like remaking Mary Poppins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I really liked the look of that. Hopefully we'll be in for a treat. I think I'm gonna like the new Willy Wonka character too. Yippee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I can't wait to see this movie, Johnny... ah johnny he looks great in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can't wait for this movie.
    Did the link work for anyone else in firefox? Got the plugin but still didn't work, but was fine with IE :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dont like the look of that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

interested in seeing the trailer but not that much that ill download a piece of AOL proprietary junk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

its not really a re-make though is it?
    the other film was very diff from the book and so they called it willy wonka and the chocolate factory...this one is supposedly v. faithful to the book...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Like the squirrel room. That's not in the film (the first one) but I saw it in this trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It looks cool. It'll be good to see it with todays production values.

If the trailer's not working for you, try watching the extra large version on that site. It worked for me. Takes a while to download though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In firefox, I had to download the plugin, close firefox, open it again and go to the page. It worked then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I honestly do not know what to think of this one. I like the original but am really unsure about wether i want to see this or not.

On the one hand you have Depp and Burton who are obviously a class acts but this trailer seems a little unsettling. Maybe the Burton touch does not belong in this movie. The ideas were always a little creepy in the original (the apparant lack of worry about the bad kids fate for example.) but i think if you add the burton affect this could get disturbing!

We shall see but i am just do not know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

OY wrote:
    The ideas were always a little creepy in the original (the apparant lack of worry about the bad kids fate for example.) but i think if you add the burton affect this could get disturbing!
    You mean like the book was intended?

I don't remember the book being creepy. The movie was at parts too. Especially the boat ride. Thats weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The book itself wasn't going out of its way to be creepy, but Wonka was depicted in it in a way that, to me, was lost in the original movie (maybe it was more to do with Gene Wilder than anything else) and looks set to be recreated in the Burton version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, apparently the guy who wrote the screenplay has never seen the Gene Wilder version. So it's very different and more closer to the book

Thats strange, that he's never seen the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Blisterman wrote:
    Thats strange, that he's never seen the original.

From IMDB.COM

Screenwriter John August had never even seen Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) when asked by Tim Burton to write the script. After finishing the screenplay, he finally watched the 1971 version, only to be surprised at how much darker the "family" film was to his own.

Sure there's loadsa films I haven't seen like The Godfather films and the likes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Yeah but what about Christmas morning?? Willy Wonka was the only thing to have on the telly while your playing with your new stuff!!(obviously Zig+Zag were on when ye were opening them!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Just had a look at the trailer ... not sure if I like it or not!!

It has a real Grinch look about it, but it's definately a Burton film :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement