Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Forms

• 27-05-2005 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Has anyone ever transfered their services using transfer forms?
    Eircom have jacked me around and although I'm in a contract with them BT have sent me out both Line and DSL transfer forms and said that I should have 0% downtime! They sort out everything for you!
    Has anyone ever sone this before here? If so - any problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm about to do the same thing and have the form filled ready to send.
    Spoke to BT sales today and was told that there "may" be 3 days downtime although he said this was unusual.
    I've heard from UTV members that their change over to BT was seamless with no downtime.

HTH
    Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Was with IOL and moved house Apri14th. Was told originally by BT to ring on the new number as soon as I was settled. Did this only to be told that I had a load of forms to fill in and it would take 15 working days! Three weeks later I got a letter saying that it would take 15 WORKING DAYS!!!!. Rang customer care for the 1000th time and quite frankly they just couldn't care. It appears to me that they are only interested in new customers. Have gone with Eircom but will be moving back to the original house after Xmas and hope to go with either Smartcom or IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Was with IOL and moved house Apri14th. Was told originally by BT to ring on the new number as soon as I was settled. Did this only to be told that I had a load of forms to fill in and it would take 15 working days! Three weeks later I got a letter saying that it would take 15 WORKING DAYS!!!!. Rang customer care for the 1000th time and quite frankly they just couldn't care. It appears to me that they are only interested in new customers. Have gone with Eircom but will be moving back to the original house after Xmas and hope to go with either Smartcom or IBB.
    Thats moving house and getting bb setup on a new line.
    Switching providers on the same line works different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Yea I knew that, they call it "Relocation". I just wanted to let off some steam. good luck with your "Transfers!"

• Advertisement

Well I get 2 months free with Eircom so I'm gonna use that before switching! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I also have the transfer form filled out and ready to be sent. BT have told me there should be no downtime. I'd be surprised if there isn't a few days I'll be offline though. :rolleyes:

ambrose :cool:

Yeah I'm assuming the same!

Advertisement