Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name and shame

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

/me searches for own sarcasm detecting chip and realises it wasn't plugged in today...

god, that's embarassing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Raiser wrote:
    Its SO hard to get well bred waiting staff these days.
    Did you mean bred or bread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Well I find that if you wear full smoking attire, you will be sartorially splendid and well founded for killer brie,turned fish, spiteful cheese, and tagliatelle diguised as penne.
    - Although whether this dress code is appropos when drinking a wine medley is a matter for some consideration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Soda bread?Soda BREAD?Why not hand me a discarded Toupe to mop up this vile contagion?And what fresh horror is this?Wine from THREE different bottles?Why,i shall buy this establishment and have it knocked down forthwith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

I'm sorry, this is something i don't get. If you want to complain about something, DON'T WRITE A FÚCKIN LETTER!!:rolleyes:

That letter will just end up in the bin. Why didn't you complain there and then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Seems very odd that you were served rotten fish there on one occasion and that you still went back!

At any rate, you were right to complain. It probably would have been better if you did so in a less pompous and posturing manner because they might have taken you a little more seriously.

I think some of the negative comments on this thread are pretty much indicative as to why we, like the British, must continually suffer dreadful service. Because Irish people simply don't complain; they seem to think that you're somehow being difficult, snobby or "a nightmare customer" if you do. Basically, we're a nation of suckers being taken for a ride and we've only got ourselves to blame.

Advertisement