Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB - Zyxel adn 3Com Office Connect - Help required

• 27-05-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Sent the following to IOL Support:
    Hi,

Do you guys have the exact settings required to get the supplied Zyxel Prestige DSL modem/router working correctly with a 3Com office connect wireless router/access point?

I'm scoured the web and boards.ie but no solution as yet.

Both work fine in isolation i.e. I have broadband net access via the Zyxel and can get to the 3Com access point to configure it but when it's hooked up to the Zyxel all I see is an amber LED on the Zyxel 10/100M LED.

Thanks in advance,

Got the following response,
    As the equipment you are using is not the standard issue of IOL Broadband, I'm afraid I will not be able to answer your query, as for us to advise on third party hardware for customers may lead to problems in setup, and leave IOL/BT liable for misconfiguration.

If you call us on 1890 923 111, we can provide specific settings queried, if they are within our range of support.

Can anyone here please help me out - I'm going bananas with this. BTW a mate has it working fine with NTL modem (MAC address setting was only issue )

Cheers,

M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the amber light means it's connected at 100mbps rather than 10mbps (which gives a green light).

nothing wrong with the actual connection, the amber light is normal.

plug it into your PC's 10/100 NIC and it'll be the same colour.

as for the connectivity, it should just be a case of plugging one into the other, but you may need to turn off dhcp on the zyxel as having dhcp on both will cause problems.

Advertisement