Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student account charged.

Options
  • 27-05-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I have, or at least thought that I had a Student BOI account. However on the 9th of this month I was subject to a Government card charge of €10. I thought that students were exempt from this charge? Could someone clear this up for me please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I dont think anyone is exempt from government charges.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Last year i remember getting a tenner reimbursed to my account, apparently they had charged it by accident. Perhaps they're still messing things up. I haven't checked mine in a while so i dunno if i got the charge or not.
    Ring them and ask -- no harm asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

even students have to pay the goverment duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Skyuser wrote:
    even students have to pay the goverment duty

EVERYONE including moaning OAPs have to pay it

It will be paid back, if you were with any other bank then you wouldn't, but BOI reimburse you for te stamp duty, they are the only truly free bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement