Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mp3s on stereo

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about a buy a stereo for my sitting room. Possibly a midi, but probably a mini. What are my options as regards playing mp3s. I know most stereos claim to play them, but I would assume all that means is that they can play mp3s burned to CD, right?

I have a Creative Zen, so I assume I could connect it to the stereo via the headphone socket (phono 2 phono?) and Bob's my mother's brother? Is there a better solution, or should I just buy some nice quality speakers for my Zen. I already have a radio, and I can rip any CD I want to listen to, so really the stereo might be superfluous?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

correct about stereo only playing mp3s from cd, dvd players do it too - not really what you want if you have everything on the zen already.

I doubt the zen could power good speakers correctly but you could get an amp and some good speakers. If the zen has a line out - use that otherwise headphone to line in or headphone to rca.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The problem is that alot of midi and mini hifi units do not have an aux input to feed in the mp3 player.

If you don't want or need the tuner, cassette deck and cd player then you should just get a seperate amplifier and a good pair of speakers. It will have better sound quality than most mini or midi units and you can always add on a CD player or anything else at a later stage if you want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Or if it's in the living room, just use your DVD player for CDs. Chances are you won't be watching a DVD and listening to music at the same time.

Advertisement