Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Dublin at night?

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I need to get to Dublin Airport from Cork.. but after 10 pm. Is there any chance to do that? All trains and coaches departs before 8 pm.... help!! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

check out aer arann. why not go up earlier and just wait around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

it takes a few hours to get to dublin from cork.

if you leave at 8pm youll get there after 10pm no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

How to get to Dublin at night

think its the same way you go when it's daytime :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adamlyc

chalk: yeah, right.. but I need to depart from Cork after 10 pm..(because I finish work at 9 pm and can't take a day off or sth) ..that's an issue.

solice: last flight is at 8 pm.. first in the morning at - 7 am.. that's way to early (evening) and to late (morning) for me :confused:

any other ideas?

ahh, apologies,

i thought you wanted to get to dublin after 10pm, as everyone else did.
    are you sure theres no private coaches that do the journey?
    theres a few that come up from galway late at night so ask around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Can u drive? If you cant avoid it, rent a car at cork airport (hertz) and drive up and leave the car at dublin airport. It shouldnt be overly expensive if you are renting it for a few hours but it still might be fairly pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adamlyc

chalk: I don't know much about private coaches.. I know that in bus eireann and aircoach last departure is at 7 pm.. are there in cork any private mini buses or something like that?

solice: yeh, that would be a good solution - I can drive but... I can't hire a car because I am not 23 yet ;]

i dont know about cork, but theres 1 or 2 that operate from galway late on fridays.

theyre usually local run and would have ads in local newspapers or around the bus station / colleges etc

if you ask around locally someone might be able to help better.
    ask your boss or a student advisor if your in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

That's a tricky situation alright.
    I presume you're trying to catch a flight. Does it leave that evening or early the next morning?

Some things to try:
    - Are you flying from Dublin to catch a connecting flight somewhere else? Is there a direct flight from Cork or Shannon to that airport? If it's cheap, it might be worth your while doing that and forgetting about Dublin completely.

- Change your Dublin flight to a later time? Even Ryanair will let you do this nowadays (for a fee of course).

- If you're really desperate, get a hackney. Call a few places for the best price. Also, you mightn't need a hackney the whole way, just far enough to meet up with a bus/train that'll get you there in time. Maybe Portlaoise or somewhere. Do some searching on Bus Eireann / Iarnrod / Aircoach websites.

- Also, if suitably desperate, post a "lift to Dublin wanted" message on boards. Check with the moderator to see if it's allowed.

- Beg, beg, beg one of your family/friends to drive you. Bribe them if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll drive you to Dublin.... but it'll cost you dearly :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement