Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com with Xbox 360 pre-order!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Play.com have here new page for XBox 360. £400 for the console (about €580!!!!!) and the games around £40.

I hope and assume they are guessing with the price of the console!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Changed the currency to Euro and it translates to e639.99 per console, e63.99 per game. What the fcuk is that all about? That has to be a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

A price would not have been set yet. They are just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

That's a ****ing rip-off, at least if the PS3 is that price you're getting a Blu-Ray player too. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

:rolleyes:

Here we go. This is going to a Xbox360 vs PS3, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That's alot of money for a console. Does anyone know how much the Xbox was when it came out ??, I would say it will be a similar price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's a ****ing rip-off, at least if the PS3 is that price you're getting a Blu-Ray player too. FFS

Stop being a retard. It's not a final official price. Microsoft haven't settled on a final price. This is nothing more than a rough guesstimate based on the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

thats cheap compared to a pc. its also more powerful than any pc out there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

power vs PC is such a dumb arguement.

you can't run windows on it, or any pc game. it means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I pre ordered mine in Gamestop, but forgot to ask if they had any rough idea at the retail price....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

K-TRIC wrote:
    That's alot of money for a console. Does anyone know how much the Xbox was when it came out ??, I would say it will be a similar price.

I remember being in game aroundthe time of the Xbox launch and if I remember correctly the console was €480 and the games were €75!! Needless to say prices came down lively after that. Microsoft had to do some sort of rebate thingy for people who had bought the console already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I would'nt take too much notice of that price, they still hav the price of the PSP as €320.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I has to bee a guesstimate. No question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Ciaran500 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Here we go. This is going to a Xbox360 vs PS3, again.
    That wasn't a fanboy-troll, it was a bit tongue in cheek though

I just meant to say that a BR player would be worth 500euro, whereas a new console would not. Which was pretty irrelevant here, I'll admit:)

and @ Bloodbath: I'm no retard, but I do know that personal abuse is a bannable offence in Boards; slag the post not the poster etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Obviously this is just a guestimate. In an interview with Peter Moore on C&VG he stated that the XBox 360 would not launch at the same price as the original XBox i.e. €479. It has been stated by Allard that it will be in the region of $300 so my guess would be b/w €300-400.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The first x box dropped its price €100 in a month.
    Im waiting a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Blisterman wrote:
    The first x box dropped its price €100 in a month.
    Im waiting a month.
    *checks wallet*

I'm waiting a year...or two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

It'll be at least a year before its cracked anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

and @ Bloodbath: I'm no retard, but I do know that personal abuse is a bannable offence in Boards; slag the post not the poster etc...

Go ahead and get me banned, how will my life go on :rolleyes: Don't make stupid comments when the price is obviously an estimate. Microsoft have not made any official announcements on final price yet. That's how posts spiral out of control and turn into stupid vs posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The price will be set at whatever the market is judged to be able to sustain.
    Looking at the PSP and DS, they both were expected to be expensive, certainly the PSP costs a lot more than $250 to manufacture, ship and market, but the companies recognise the futility of releasing a console with a high price tag.
    Expect the next gen machines to reflect a similar philosophy, I reckon a price of €300 to €350 as a good guess, with software coming in at €60-€70 while existing machines and their software will be discounted heavily, while raking in profit for the respective firms.
    It will do none of the Console manufacturers any good to price themselves above everyone else, in fact the Xbox360 can release for any price they like and simply bring out a killer package including, say, Halo3 to clash with the release of the PS3.

Its a game of politics or chess here, with each side trying to confuse and draw their opponents out, and into making a mistake, see the launch spec and prices of the PS1 and the Saturn to see how it was done, back in the day!

Don't want to go back to the days when I paid £400 for my launch 3DO, I wonder how much that is in our money, taking 11 years of inflation and a conversion into the euro into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

At a guess, £299 and something less than €480 (a microsoft exec stated this already).

Does anyone remember the saturn launching at £400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Loobz wrote:
    Changed the currency to Euro and it translates to e639.99 per console, e63.99 per game. What the fcuk is that all about? That has to be a mistake!

400.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 580.649 EUR Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dearg_doom wrote:

You are going to be the basis of my campaign to become a mod.

Lads, if you vote for me, I will ban people like this :D

As for the price, its Play.com covering their backs. That is obviously the highest price that it could concievably launch at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9204

i posted this in the xbox forum already, but Allard says it will launch at around the $300 USD mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

tallpaul wrote:
    Play.com have here new page for XBox 360. £400 for the console (about €580!!!!!) and the games around £40.

I hope and assume they are guessing with the price of the console!!!!

just ignore this crazy price its all guess work atm

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

BloodBath wrote:
    Stop being a retard.

I will ban you if you continue posting crap like that.

All off-topic posts deleted.

Anyone who continues to post abuse or off topic comments will be banned, including replying to this post.

Anyway...
    Microsoft corporate vice president J Allard has confirmed that the Xbox 360 will be priced "in the neighbourhood" of $300, which was the initial launch price of the Xbox, with a final decision on price to be made in about two months. http://gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9204

Advertisement