Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIGO wants to come to england who would have him?

• 27-05-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

I wonder what his wages are like per week? he would be class i wonder who he would want to play for and could any team really fit him in?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rumours of him going to Liverpool abounded about two months ago, but nothing since then. Bolton, Newcastle, Middlesboro, the usual suspects will probably be linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Seemed to be alot of talk about him going to Liverpool and with Kewell and Partridge being let go they need cover on the left....dont think Bolton would pay his wages....on around 100K euro a week or more I would think since he is a Galactico.....Newcastle or Boro maybe but Liverpool most likely!!

But he did say a while ago that he has one year on contract left and doesnt want to leave Madrid till thats over but seemily the club want rid and thats why he sat on bench at end of season with Owen playing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Personally I would love to see him at the pool, do a macallister for us, but I heard Inter are on there way to signing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liverpool was the biggest mentioned one alright from what i've heard. Think Bannor said something about that too, which practically makes it gospel! Would love to see him at pool so garcia could go to his favoured left side and we'd have Figo on the right. Would sort the problem for prob 2 years not to mention probably having a massive influence on his possible replacements Le Tallec and Nunez (who he'll know from Real and who was always vaunted as his replacement at real but has looked pretty poor at liverpool. maybe figo could fix him for us..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would like to see Figo at the club assuming he could be motivated.. I think Rafa could do this but am still not completely sure. There is no doubting his ability though, just whether he would get his finger out!!

Mind you, he could come over and want to prove something to some people back home or in Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

I wonder what odds you'd get on Big Sam luring him to Bolton! it would be the coup to top all coups and I wouldn't put it past him, they are in the UEFA cup next season, so who knows. Be great to see him in the league! Maybe Everton could tempt him with the CL, God knows they could do with a spark of magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I would like to see Figo at the club assuming he could be motivated.. I think Rafa could do this but am still not completely sure. There is no doubting his ability though, just whether he would get his finger out!!

Mind you, he could come over and want to prove something to some people back home or in Spain.
    He has got the best out of some players but look at Kewell - he has given him every chance and got nothing out of him and to a lesser degree Baros - seems to have no trouble getting more out of the lesser players but struggling to get the best out of the bigger names that have egos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Keano_sli wrote:
    Maybe Everton could tempt him with the CL, God knows they could do with a spark of magic!

Moyles has already said that he isnt going to put players on large wages because the club cant afford it and that is why they where having so much finiacial difficult's the last few season that seems to cancel a move out there

From what I have heard Parker is going to have to take a year wage cut of 450,000 if he joins Evertone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

TheMonster wrote:
    He has got the best out of some players but look at Kewell - he has given him every chance and got nothing out of him and to a lesser degree Baros - seems to have no trouble getting more out of the lesser players but struggling to get the best out of the bigger names that have egos.

You are right, he is ****...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Say No To Figo! No time for moaning minnies. If Baros is heading to Valencia, good. To think how pleased I wuz when Kruell signed for a fiver....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

TheMonster wrote:
    Kewell has supposedly been injured. Baros has worked and worked for Liverpool like a whore at a bachelor party. You can't diss his effort despite his bad goal scoring form.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd say there would be a good chance of United coming in for him, especially with Queroz and Ronaldo at United already they might have a say in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Quieirz has been trying to convince Fergie to sign him so hopefully he is successful.
    Figo would be a great addition to the squad imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

PHB wrote:
    Quieirz has been trying to convince Fergie to sign him so hopefully he is successful.
    Figo would be a great addition to the squad imo

I'm not so sure, could be one of those stroke of genius signings, Old master has one last day of glory moments or it could be a Disaster, ageing footballer bags big payday type moments a la Lauren Blanc, it was distressing to see such a great look so ****e for United and end his career on a bad note wouldn't like to see the same with Figo.
    But then again Sheringham was getting on when he joined and helped win a bloody treble! After Wednesday night I just don't know any more, anything is possible in this game and don't you just love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Robert out Figo in?

Seems like aplayer Souness would fight with after about 3 weeks.

But more than lilkey be Bolton if hes free.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

TheMonster wrote:
    Kewell has been carrying an injury for the past two years. Houllier was apologising to both the player and manager in the dressing room after the match on Wednesday for not sending Kewell for surgery at the time but explained his hands were tied because certain board members wanted Kewell to play every game due to the high wages he is on. Benitez joked that Houllier could make it up to him by using his connections to help him to find clubs for the squad players he doesn't want. Kewell is in his plans - he wasn't sent to Spain by Benitez to work with a physio in the weeks before the Chelsea games for no reason.

Baros talked himself out of the club in January and the goals dried up shortly there after. He lost the rag with Benitez when the transfer talk started about a new striker joining the club. Baros thought that the club's financial situation meant there wouldn't be any signings - Benitez told him that they would definitely be signing one striker, possibly two. Baros had assumed that he was going to be first choice no matter but Benitez set him straight once again and after that Baros started acting up.

Advertisement