Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man-bags?

• 27-05-2005 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello!
    I recently bought one of those trandy man-bags so that i wouldnt have to carry a jacket (for the extra pockets) in the summer months, but now i get stared a lot.

Wht do the rest of ye reckon about them, handy or disaster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Man-bags........wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Man-bags........wtf?

lol ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Didn't you ever see that episode of friends? What were you thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭*Sassy*

What kind of bag? Yes that episode of Friends immediately sprung to mind...

I think record style bags look good on blokes, when hung horizontally if you know what I mean (ie. shoulder to opposite hip).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

*Sassy* wrote:
    I think record style bags look good on blokes, when hung horizontally if you know what I mean (ie. shoulder to opposite hip).

I have one of those.. I have to say I'm a bit confused by the term 'man-bag'.. Got me (unfortunately) thinking of man-breasts :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have one of those.. I have to say I'm a bit confused by the term 'man-bag'.. Got me (unfortunately) thinking of man-breasts :eek:

Being honest I thought, when I saw it in latest posts, that he was talking about his sack (or perhaps sacks in general)

Come on, what can you say but....

....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭c3van5

*Sassy* wrote:
    What kind of bag? Yes that episode of Friends immediately sprung to mind...

Thats it exactly - nothing to do with my sack.
    or man breasts.
    or so I'd have you believe!
    So do we have any other opinions on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Wait, can you just confirm you're talking about the record style bags that Sassy mentioned? If so, then they look fine. I'd be lost without mine aswell, I take it out whenever I go shopping. Handy for clothes, cds etc.. I hate using carrybags when coming out of a shop.

K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

No there just wrong. Did you see that episode of friends?

thats a different kind though. these ones are nicer.
    i like mine. others do not,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I got a Converse man-bag a while ago but I think it was a bit small (like, you couldn't fit a record in it which is where [I think] the whole idea originated from) so it looked like a handbag... soon dropped it. Looking to get another one soon though that would be more record-sized (i.e. manlier!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Those record bags are the business imho.

Although I'm not sold on the "Man-bag" in the Friends episode sense of the term. Do you have any links to what you're specifically on about, c3van5? I'd say we'd need to see before making any manner of judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Tut, it's not a 'man-bag', it's a European (floral) carryall.

(I wonder will anyone get that reference)

Anyway - yeah - they're grand. I'm really liking the look of some of them... though they do need to be of a certain size I think - very continental altogether I must say, they seem to be all the rage in Spain/Portugal.

well its rectangular, has about 4 compartments (one of which has lots of deodorant in it since im now living in smelly sweaty london) and its blue and grey. i dont know how to describe it really.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

hmmmm i have several lovely record bags including one that fits 85 12" vinyls and is rubber lined so you can put it on a wet floor and not wreck your tunes, the skinnier ones, while less practical for records do look nice, i use a cycle courier style bag for general carrying a waterproof windcheater and a bottle of water and a book for the dart type business, plus its big enough to actually put a few records into so i can actually take it out shopping. man bags rule, as long as theyre not horrid beige things that look like youre carrying work home from the office!

Advertisement