Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paid for a crap template-no comeback

Options
  • 27-05-2005 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hello there
    while i was away down under i paid a tattooist around 40 bucks to draw me up a template/well, drawing, went back 2 weeks later, said he forgot, so went back a week later and he had drawn something completely stupid, like it took him 15 minutes max. i feel like a **** for brains but he said i had to pay up front, should i report it to the tattooist standard orgs? not letting this prick away with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Nothing you can do now. Action should have been taken over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

open_book wrote:
    hello there
    while i was away down under i paid a tattooist around 40 bucks to draw me up a template/well, drawing, went back 2 weeks later, said he forgot, so went back a week later and he had drawn something completely stupid, like it took him 15 minutes max. i feel like a **** for brains but he said i had to pay up front, should i report it to the tattooist standard orgs? not letting this prick away with it.

I have not heard of paying for templates is this standard in Australia ( I assume that is the down under you refer to).
    If there is an organisation you can complain to or that then I'd try it but he sounds like a cowboy and not like someone in a voluntary self-regulatory organisation, unless there is a law there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

my tattoo design, admittedly small, was done in about 10 mins.

some questions before you waste time and effort for 40eu.
    why is it crap?
    do you just not like it?
    does it meet your original specs, re: size and style.
    have you seen samples of his other work?
    how does this compare?
    if its really badly drawn compared to his usual stuff ask him to do another, while pointing at somethin that looks like what you want.

also,
    post a pic up of the design he did, but before that post the description you gave to the artist before hedrew the design and you can get some opnions on whether you got your moneys worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

I asked him for a design of some horses panicking trying to get out of a fire/ smoke, I was given my little pony standing on a cloud...still makes me laugh. :eek: yeah i think a flammatory email to a regulatory board is overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

rofl ^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tink~lvs~ptr

Would you pay for anything before you seen it and completely happy about it?

well if thats the case my tats will always have to be off the wall. as i said, he wouldnt do anything without dollar. what was i to do? find another place i spose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

well you could always make your own or email people on-line from all over the world to make you up a template some will say no others will have no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Open Book:

You are paying for his expierience, not the time it took him to draw the tattoo.

mear. what gave you the impression i thought i was paying for time spent on it? I was after a picture half decently drawn to see what he could come up with, and maybe go further dep on cost if i was into it. What i got was being ****ed with for a few weeks then given a picture that to me just ripped the pisss. blokes a dick.
    Page thats not a bad idea, didnt know good artists were so charitable, know any perchance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i could get on to a friend or two.. you know you dont have to be a tattoo artist to draw a good tattoo.. i've done at least 6 different tattoo's for my friends.. but i will ask around!

horse panicing with flames?

thats nice page cheers. i originally planned the design to be mostly light blue/grey, bits of black, done like a swirl/mess of smoke, with the odd horses head/ front of body sticking out or covered in smoke, the whites of the eyes prominent. Ideally id like it to cover the outside of my top arm, sides of shoulders, down as far as mid bicep. if it was really arty(because to be truthful the image in my head is more like a rembrandt) id stick it on the inside of my bicep. Any tattoist ive visited has just had crappy horsies so ive walked. I probably sound very picky, yes i am when it comes to an image that means alot and i want burned to my bod!

Advertisement