Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new town centre for knocknacarra

Options
  • 27-05-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

was looking at a recent web site and found plans for a new district town centre for knocknacarra http://www.thekennygroupgalway.com/devdetail.asp?DevID=20
    was just wondering has work commenced yet on this development or the new Dunnes stores,B&Q and Argos?havent been out that side of town in ages!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

ummm.....dont think so...could do with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ya, read that in the City Tribune a few months back, there was a story about the two of them (in fact, I think I have a previous post here on it if you want to search). They've compared it to Dundrum shopping centre, only it'll be bigger apparently.

The other one (behind Monkey Business and Gorilla Games) is still under appeal, a decision is due at the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Is the outcome gonna be good i wonder? knocknaccara could sure do with it not to mention Galway city... retailers are crying out for units in galway and theres feck all comin on stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

good news for us west city residents heard today rumbfold got the go ahead for phase 1 including b&q and a huge dunnes and argos....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

that prick with his overpriced corner shop will have it all in the bord pleanala like he did the previous ones ..

• Advertisement

Jammyd wrote:
    good news for us west city residents heard today rumbfold got the go ahead for phase 1 including b&q and a huge dunnes and argos....

OK, just to correct Jammyd's post, it's Rumbold, not Rumbfold, and the three mentioned stores are not definite, they are just being touted by the City Tribune as possibles. They have the story in the paper this week.
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    that prick with his overpriced corner shop will have it all in the bord pleanala like he did the previous ones ..

Nope .... An Bord Pleanala ruled against the RGDATA appeal. This is now the go-ahead, it'll be open mid 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cool enough ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Would prefer a decent Tesco, the one out in shopping center is a kip. There are enough branches of Dunnes in Galway even without westside.

Tesco are possible anchors on the Kenny development (across the road from the Rumbold one referred to here). Do a search on the Galway City forum and there should a thread on it I rmember posting on before.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CoffeeAnathema

Hi, could someone give me a good map or concrete directions to this place please?? Google Maps refuses to acknowledge that it exists (graaarrgh). I need this by tomorrow :o:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I need this by tomorrow :o:o:o:o
    threadnecromancyjk7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi, could someone give me a good map or concrete directions to this place please?? Google Maps refuses to acknowledge that it exists (graaarrgh). I need this by tomorrow :o:o:o:o

If you mean the Dunnes Store/B&Q in knocknacarra, it on the western Distributor Road, at the Millers Lane/ Gort na mBró Roundabout.

Kind of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try the Knocknacarra area map - it's number (3).

The complex eventually got called "Gateway Retail Centre" (you do know that this thread started in 2005?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Here it is on another map.

The little Shopping Basket on the North West of the car park is Dunnes Stores; the shopping basket on the South of the car park is B&Q. There's also a Next, New Look and a Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

a bump from 2005 ffs

use google maps for directions

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CoffeeAnathema

Okay, thanks all you all :D think I can get to it now without getting hopelessly lost

@SpongeBob haah! yeah, i did do quite some thread necromancy there, but this was one of the first pages that came up in the search on this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

DRakE wrote: »
    a bump from 2005 ffs

Alright, take it easy ... it's not a crime.

In-fact, kudos to the poster for using the search facility and posting in the relevant thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Alright, take it easy ... it's not a crime.

In-fact, kudos to the poster for using the search facility and posting in the relevant thread.

You're right of course but I got excited reading the post thinking Knocknacarra was getting a town centre - & that's 5 years later! Living in Knocknacarra since '91 & still no community centre, post office etc... We have a couple of pitches & pubs though so I suppose we;re getting somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

trish23 wrote: »
    You're right of course but I got excited reading the post thinking Knocknacarra was getting a town centre - & that's 5 years later! Living in Knocknacarra since '91 & still no community centre, post office etc... We have a couple of pitches & pubs though so I suppose we;re getting somewhere

Ahh, sure'n, ye've got a pub, a corner store, a church and a school, what more does a small village need! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jammyd wrote: »
    Is the outcome gonna be good i wonder? knocknaccara could sure do with it not to mention Galway city... retailers are crying out for units in galway and theres feck all comin on stream.

Ha Ha...pretty funny and sad reading that post now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Necro lockage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement